Information Security Project Manager
Oakville, ON, Canada /
Technical Services – Security Operations /
Permanent - Full Time
Who we are:
Geotab is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Marketplace, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.
At Geotab, all staff must be fully vaccinated in order to be eligible to work in our North American offices at this time. Accordingly, any job offer for an onsite position resulting from this posting will be conditional upon the successful candidate providing evidence of full vaccination. Accommodations may be made for those who cannot be vaccinated based on medical or other legally protected grounds.
Geotab policies and requirements are subject to change based on local or federal guidelines.
Who you are:
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking a Information Security Project Manager who will be responsible for identifying and managing key projects and initiatives relating to Geotab Security Programs. If you love technology, and are keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
As a Information Security Project Manager your key area of responsibility will be creating and managing a project’s scope, project plan, and deliverables. You will be responsible for the implementation of the project tasks, as well as managing day-to-day activities. You will also need to provide regular status reports to key partners to ensure the project is on time and meeting expectations. You will need to work closely with Security Operations, Software Development, Compliance, and Legal Teams to accomplish project objectives.
To be successful in this role you will be a self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and have the ability to quickly understand complex, technical concepts. In addition, the successful candidate will have strong analytical and project management skills with an ability to identify needs, develop effective solutions, and manage projects through completion. The successful candidate will also be able to manage multiple timelines and contrasting priorities to ensure timely results.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Assist in developing, implementing and maintaining Geotab’s “IT Security Plan”.
- Responsible for submitting applications for; and maintaining IT Security Accreditations.
- Devise a security plan risk assessment, security tests and evaluations, responsible for developing a disaster recovery plan/continuity of operations plan.
- Conduct internal assessments of cybersecurity risks and vulnerability.
- Work with government assessment teams to enable them to understand and test Geotab systems, develop a Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) to remediate any deficiencies/vulnerabilities within the specified time frame after detection.
- Develop project plans and schedules and monitor tasks and deliverables.
- Manage project risks, including the development of contingency plans.
- Develop policies and procedures to support the achievement of the project objectives.
- Coordinate and manage project activities across internal teams.
- Report project status to key project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Conduct project post mortems in order to identify areas for improvement and make recommendations based on findings.
- Provide expert project leadership and guidance to team as SME.
- Support Geotab global strategic initiatives.
What you’ll bring to this role:
- 3-5 years experience in cross-functional project management in a technology-focused industry.
- Experience in compliance, privacy, or security risk management (including vendor risk).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including comfort with delivering presentations and training.
- Strong project management skills; able to identify needs, develop effective solutions and manage projects through to completion.
- Ability to drive projects with little oversight.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to problem solve to well-judged decisions.
- A strong team-player with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization.
- Technical competence using software programs, including, but not limited to, Google Suite for business (Sheets, Docs, Slides).
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable in a flat organization.
- Post-secondary Diploma/Degree specialization in Computer Information Systems or a related field.
- Professional Designation in Project Management (e.g. PMP)
Why job seekers choose Geotab:
Work from home and flex work arrangements
Home office reimbursement program
Online learning and networking opportunities
Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
Competitive medical and dental benefits (full-time employees only)
Retirement savings program (full-time employees only)
How we work:
At Geotab, we understand that the world is always changing and that we need to change with it. Geotab has adopted a hybrid model for working, including a flexible work from home program, with the opportunity to work in our safe, clean offices. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
We believe that ensuring diversity is fundamental to our future growth and progress and is an integral part of our business. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment that is rich in diversity and a place where people from various backgrounds can work together. Geotab encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account as part of performance management, career development, training and redeployment processes. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion as well as accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at email@example.com. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.