Cloud Operations Engineering, Team Lead
Oakville, ON /
TS - Cloud Ops – Cloud Operations Engineering /
Permanent - Full Time
Who we are:
Geotab ® is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work™.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Geotab Marketplace ®, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram. Join our talent network to learn more about job opportunities and company news.
Who you are:
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is actively seeking an Cloud Operations Engineering, Team Lead responsible for maintaining Geotab servers and services, network infrastructure and security. If you love technology, are passionate about cloud computing and network infrastructures - we would love to hear from you!
What you'll do:
The Cloud Operations Engineering, Team Lead assists IT management in the day-to-day operation of the IT Systems and provides coaching and mentorship to team members. This position is responsible for maintaining cloud operations with focus on servers and infrastructure management, cost optimization and security. A main focus of this role is to make sure the infrastructure is scalable, reliable and secure by implementing best practices and ensuring business continuity and targeted SLA/SLO.
How you'll make an impact:
- Develop and implement strategies with the team to identify technology directions, decisions, security policy, and road map
- Deployment of scheduled and emergency patches, upgrades
- Supporting incident, problem and changes for virtual infrastructure in public cloud
- Supervise cloud resources lifecycle process, create and update standard procedures to support provisioning, decommissioning, and maintenance activities
- Create and update dashboards and reports to support cloud operations activities
- Maintain Geotab’s internal server inventory management, ensure Geotab standard server requirements ar implemented, monitored and audited
- Provide expert project leadership and guidance to the team as SME
- Oversee the activities and performance of direct reports:
- Provide direction, coaching and mentorship to the team.
- Engage in the development of the team by coaching, providing feedback, identifying areas of growth and training opportunities.
- Collaborate and support employees during the performance management process, meeting KPAs and career development planning.
- Create and maintain user documentation, including compiling, maintaining, and keeping up to date documentation on all areas of responsibility.
- Manage priorities of projects using agile software development tools (e.g. Jira)
- Develop and facilitate technical training in collaboration with Geotab training teams and Learning Center.
- Automate repetitive tasks with appropriate scripting languages and tools.
- Monitor monthly cloud cost, create optimization dashboards and thresholds
What you'll bring to this role:
- Post-Secondary Degree specialization in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Associate cloud certification related to cloud architecture (GCP, AWS)
- 4+ years of experience in Information Technology Systems or a similar role
- 3-5 years experience managing or developing teams and building relationships and communicating detailed technical issues, across the organization
- 3-5 years experience with Cloud Platforms (network, compute, storage technologies).
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies, infrastructure-as-code patterns, cloud best practices
- Working experience in cloud automations (Linux, Windows, cloud functions), central logging, monitoring tools
- Thorough knowledge of Linux and Windows OS automated installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and maintenance
- Strong project management skills to be able to identify needs, develop effective solutions and manage projects through to completion.
- Asset management skills to feed data into other systems
- Technical competence using software programs, including, but not limited to, Google Suite for business (Sheets, Docs, Slides, Visio, Lucidchart).
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable in a flat organization.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role! Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
Please note: Geotab does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Geotab employees.
Why job seekers choose Geotab:
Work from home and flex work arrangements
Home office reimbursement program
Baby bonus & parental leave top up program
Online learning and networking opportunities
Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
Competitive medical and dental benefits
Retirement savings program
*The above are offered to full-time permanent employees only
How we work:
At Geotab, we have adopted a flexible first working model in that we have systems, functions, programs and policies in place to support both in-person and virtual work. However, you are welcomed and encouraged to come into our beautiful, safe, clean offices as often as you like. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
We believe that ensuring diversity is fundamental to our future growth and progress and is an integral part of our business. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment that is rich in diversity and a place where people from various backgrounds can work together. Geotab encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account as part of performance management, career development, training and redeployment processes. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion as well as accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at email@example.com. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.