Mechanical and Electrical Specialist Technician
Non-Academic – Facilities /
Full Time (Perm)
Currently, more than 1800 students are learning at GESS supported by more than 400 full time and part time academic and administrative staff members. In August 2018 GESS moved to Dairy Farm Road to a modern new school campus located at the edge of Singapore’s largest nature reserve.
- Maintain and upkeep the facilities of the school to ensure it is in good and functional condition
- Monitoring of FCC and building systems and equipment
- Monitoring of installation, activities on site to ensure schedules and standards are adhered.
- Walk through inspection checklist
- Responsible for general electrical and mechanical fitting work, including installation of
- electrical equipment, electrical panel, electrical cabling, cable conduits, connecting of
- cabling, termination may be assigned.
- Respond to all user support requests or feedback promptly.
- Provide front-line engineering support for M&E systems
- Carry out/ ensure routine & preventive maintenance services of M&E systems in accordance
- to plan schedule
- Conduct site inspections and data logging for critical M&E systems
- Manage and supervise contractors carrying out preventive or corrective maintenance works
- Ensure that the premises and its building facilities are maintained at the highest standards
- Ensure proper documentation of all maintenance, repair and services activities.
- Maintain good working relationship with all levels of people
- Responsible to update all the service report, incident report within the timeline
- Able to troubleshoot electrical and mechanical faults and reinstate the equipment back to
- normal working condition where possible.
- To witness the testing and inspection of mechanical and electrical works installation
- completed by contractors.
Knowledge & Experience
- At least 2 to 5 years of relevant working experience in similar role
- Meticulous and team player
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Technical and Soft Skills
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings, mechanical diagrams and electrical schematics.
- Prioritising workload, accomplishing tasks and ensuring acceptable standards of workmanship.
Keen to collaborate and share your specialist expertise, you will be a fitting ambassador for the school. You will communicate with confidence across diverse audiences and situations, using your expertise to build strong relationships across the GESS community.
The German European School Singapore (GESS) is a multi-lingual, not-for-profit, German international school in Singapore with a distinct European flavour. As an accredited ‘Excellent German School Abroad’, the German Section of GESS offers all major German school leaving certificates.
Our European Section offers tuition in English for students from grade 1 - 12 across all three IB programmes (the PYP, the MYP and the IB Diploma Programme) as an authorised IB World School.
Children aged 2 years onwards can enroll in our Preschool where children are following the PYP programme in German-speaking, English-speaking or bilingual groups. In addition to an outstanding academic education, GESS strives to teach students community values such as respect, openness and diversity.
We offer an exciting working environment in an international and cooperative team. Your application should include a letter of application and your complete resume. Please indicate your reasons for applying for the position.
Our Selection Process
At GESS we adhere to fair employment practices that consist of hiring practices that are fair, merit-based and non-discriminatory.
We are committed to providing a world class, safe, happy environment in which children and young people are able to thrive and learn. We are committed to safeguarding and child protection as we promote the welfare of all our pupils irrespective of race, ability, religion, gender or culture.
All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures including satisfactory reference and background checks and the offer of employment will be subject to the completion of these. In addition, the visa entry requirements for Singapore are subject to certain requirements being met. This includes but is not limited to, mandatory diphtheria and measles vaccination requirements for children attending school in Singapore will need to be in place prior to arriving in Singapore in order for the criteria for a child Dependent Pass to be met and the visa granted. Further information on this will be shared at interview stage if applicable.
Please note, that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
CPE registration number: S72SS0010G Registration period: 22 June, 2017 – 21 June, 2023