Non-Academic – Facilities /
Full Time (Perm)
Currently, more than 1800 students are learning at GESS supported by more than 400 full time and part time academic and administrative staff members. In August 2018 GESS moved to Dairy Farm Road to a modern new school campus located at the edge of Singapore’s largest nature reserve.
- Monitoring of installation and activities on site to ensure schedules and standards are adhered to
- Provide and maintain high standards in maintenance works and ensure smooth operations on the day-to-day basis
- Conduct daily routine inspections to ensure all technical works comply with government regulations and contractual requirements
- Responsible for the general repair works, electrical fitting work that includes installation of electrical equipment, panel, cabling. etc.
- Ensure all plant and equipment meet the operational performance expectation
- Responsible to update all the service report, incident report within the timeline
- Able to troubleshoot electrical and mechanical fault and reinstated the power supply and equipment back to normal working condition
- Identification of defects by examination
- To assist the provisions of maintenance services and minor repair works for building, mechanical and electrical systems in building
- To witness the testing and inspection of electrical installation where licensing and certification
- To conduct regular preventive maintenance checks of the building systems to ensure that they are operational and in good working condition
- To check the works of contractors
- To report and recommend the acceptance of the works completed by contractors
- Assist the Facility Supervisor in all building maintenance related matters
- Assist the Facility Supervisor in all administrative related matters
- Support school events and activities
- Attend to technical support requests
- Any other duties as assigned by the Facility Engineer, Facility Supervisor & Facility Manager
- Able to read and understand technical drawings, mechanical diagrams and electrical schematics
- Prioritise workload, accomplish tasks to ensure standards of workmanship are met
- Experience in utilising variety of hand tools and power tools
- Basic knowledge in MS Office
Keen to collaborate and share your specialist expertise, you will be a fitting ambassador for the school. You will communicate with confidence across diverse audiences and situations, using your expertise to build strong relationships across the GESS community.
The German European School Singapore (GESS) is a multi-lingual, not-for-profit, German international school in Singapore with a distinct European flavour. As an accredited ‘Excellent German School Abroad’, the German Section of GESS offers all major German school leaving certificates.
Our European Section offers tuition in English for students from grade 1 - 12 across all three IB programmes (the PYP, the MYP and the IB Diploma Programme) as an authorised IB World School.
Children aged 2 years onwards can enroll in our Preschool where children are following the PYP programme in German-speaking, English-speaking or bilingual groups. In addition to an outstanding academic education, GESS strives to teach students community values such as respect, openness and diversity.
We offer an exciting working environment in an international and cooperative team. Your application should include a letter of application and your complete resume. Please indicate your reasons for applying for the position.
Our Selection Process
At GESS we adhere to fair employment practices that consist of hiring practices that are fair, merit-based and non-discriminatory.
We are committed to providing a world class, safe, happy environment in which children and young people are able to thrive and learn. We are committed to safeguarding and child protection as we promote the welfare of all our pupils irrespective of race, ability, religion, gender or culture.
All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures including satisfactory reference and background checks and the offer of employment will be subject to the completion of these. In addition, the visa entry requirements for Singapore are subject to certain requirements being met. This includes but is not limited to, mandatory diphtheria and measles vaccination requirements for children attending school in Singapore will need to be in place prior to arriving in Singapore in order for the criteria for a child Dependent Pass to be met and the visa granted. Further information on this will be shared at interview stage if applicable.
Please note, that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
CPE registration number: S72SS0010G Registration period: 22 June, 2017 – 21 June, 2023