Non-Academic – Facilities /
Full Time (Perm)
Currently, more than 1800 students are learning at GESS supported by more than 400 full time and part time academic and administrative staff members. In August 2018 GESS moved to Dairy Farm Road to a modern new school campus located at the edge of Singapore’s largest nature reserve.
This position reports to the Security Supervisor.
· Present as the first point of contact for the school and portray the campus as a friendly and service-orientated organisation
· Maintain and uphold safety procedure within the school premises
· Represent the school in a courteous and professional manner, conscious that security guards are regularly the point of first impression of GESS.
· Man the assigned security point, not to leave until a formal handover has been made to the security officer on the subsequent shift.
· Guard, patrol and monitor the premises to prevent theft, violence, and/or access by unauthorised personnel/vehicles
· Ensure that buildings are locked at the close of operations each day and unlocked in time for open of operations each morning.
· Allow access for authorised personnel as required
· Direct and control vehicle/bus traffic on campus and on the main road in accordance with the campus parking restrictions and written procedures.
· Ensure students are not leaving the campus without accompany (parent, guardian, teacher) or a signed Exit Pass.
· Check the identity of all visitors who are entering GESS premise and provide visitor cards in exchange for photographic identification. Maintain accurate records of visitor entry/departure details.
· Be alert and have a clear understanding of the emergency procedures and the role and responsibilities of security officers in the event of any emergency situations.
· Work closely with the Security Supervisor and ensure they are made aware of any security related concern
· Report any security related issues to the line manager.
· Be ready to support the team by covering duties of other security officers during their absence.
· Monitor the FCC (Fire Command Center) systems and report any faults and/or emergencies to the superior/authorities, including FDAS, Elevator, CCTV, Access Control, other alarms and equipment
· Assist in card access enrollment, issuance and deactivation
Health & Safety
· Conduct routine safety inspections
· Assist in traffic control and other safety measures
· Assist to call taxi for visitors and staff
· Other duties as assigned by the Security Supervisor, Facility Administrator or Facility Manager
Knowledge and Experience
· Prior experience as a security officer, preferably in a school setting
· Certified security officer in Singapore
Technical and Soft Skills
· Good written and verbal communication
· Good interpersonal skills
· Able to multi-task
S$2,000 - S$2,400 a month
Keen to collaborate and share your specialist expertise, you will be a fitting ambassador for the school. You will communicate with confidence across diverse audiences and situations, using your expertise to build strong relationships across the GESS community.
The German European School Singapore (GESS) is a multi-lingual, not-for-profit, German international school in Singapore with a distinct European flavour. As an accredited ‘Excellent German School Abroad’, the German Section of GESS offers all major German school leaving certificates.
Our European Section offers tuition in English for students from grade 1 - 12 across all three IB programmes (the PYP, the MYP and the IB Diploma Programme) as an authorised IB World School.
Children aged 2 years onwards can enroll in our Preschool where children are following the PYP programme in German-speaking, English-speaking or bilingual groups. In addition to an outstanding academic education, GESS strives to teach students community values such as respect, openness and diversity.
We offer an exciting working environment in an international and cooperative team. Your application should include a letter of application and your complete resume. Please indicate your reasons for applying for the position.
Our Selection Process
At GESS we adhere to fair employment practices that consist of hiring practices that are fair, merit-based and non-discriminatory.
We are committed to providing a world class, safe, happy environment in which children and young people are able to thrive and learn. We are committed to safeguarding and child protection as we promote the welfare of all our pupils irrespective of race, ability, religion, gender or culture.
All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures including satisfactory reference and background checks and the offer of employment will be subject to the completion of these. In addition, the visa entry requirements for Singapore are subject to certain requirements being met. This includes but is not limited to, mandatory diphtheria and measles vaccination requirements for children attending school in Singapore will need to be in place prior to arriving in Singapore in order for the criteria for a child Dependent Pass to be met and the visa granted. Further information on this will be shared at interview stage if applicable.
Please note, that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
CPE registration number: S72SS0010G Registration period: 22 June, 2017 – 21 June, 2023