Primary School Sports Teacher / Sportlehrkraft Grundschule
Academic – German Primary /
Full Time (Fixed Term)
Currently, more than 1800 students are learning at GESS supported by more than 400 full time and part time academic and administrative staff members. In August 2018 GESS moved to Dairy Farm Road to a modern new school campus located at the edge of Singapore’s largest nature reserve.
We are looking for a motivated Sports Teacher joining our German Primary Team starting on 01 August 2023.
Wir suchen eine motivierte Sportlehrkraft, die das Team unserer deutschen Grundschule ab 01 August 2023 unterstuetzt.
- Teach PE to students in grades 1/EST – 5 following the German GESS curriculum
- Support coordinating school sports events such as swimming galas and sports days together with the PE team and the Head of PE
- Coach at least one of the school sports teams (with preference for swimming)
- Support to represent GESS at the ACSIS (Athletic Conference of Singapore International Schools) at tournaments with other schools from time to time
- Proactive engagement in school development and cooperation within the teacher’s team
- Proactive communication with parents and contribution to school’s representation
- Active participation in school life
- Fachunterricht in Sport in den Klassenstufen 1/EST-5
- Unterstützung bei der Organisation von Schulsport-Veranstaltungen wie z.B. Schwimmturnieren zusammen mit dem Sport-Team und dem Leiter der Sportabteilung
- Gelegentliche Unterstützung bei der Repräsentation der GESS bei ACSIS-Veranstaltungen (Athletic Conference of Singapore International Schools) während Wettkämpfen und Turnieren etc. mit anderen Schulen
- Proaktives Engagement in der Schulentwicklung und Mitarbeit im Jahrgangsstufenteam
- Proaktive Elternkommunikation und Mitarbeit in der Außendarstellung der Schule
- Aktive Teilnahme am Schulleben
- Bachelor of Education or Postgraduate Certificate of Education (or equivalent e.g. 2nd State examina as teacher in Germany) with specialism in Sports and Swimming Education
- At least 2 years of experience of primary school teaching
- Excellent written and oral German and English language skills, as the medium of instruction is German
- Humorous and resilient personality with passion for teaching and educating of primary students
- Experience with teaching methods for individualistic learning
- Openness for the collaboration in an international team
- Passion and enthusiasm to be an ambassador for the school
- Abgeschlossene Lehramtsausbildung für das Grundschullehramt für das Fach Sport/Schwimmen
- Minimum von zwei Jahren Erfahrung als Grundschullehrkraft
- Sehr gute Sprachkenntnisse in Deutsch und Englisch, da Lehranweisungen in deutscher Sprache erfolgen
- Humorvolle und belastbare Persönlichkeit mit Freude am Unterrichten und Erziehen junger Menschen
- Erfahrung mit Unterrichtsmethoden, die zum individualisierten Lernen führen
- Sichere Computerkenntnisse und Erfahrung in der Einbindung der neuen Medien in den Fachunterricht
- Gute Englischkenntnisse und Aufgeschlossenheit zur Mitarbeit in einem internationalen Team
- Freude als Botschafter der Schule aufzutreten
Keen to collaborate and share your specialist expertise, you will be a fitting ambassador for the school. You will communicate with confidence across diverse audiences and situations, using your expertise to build strong relationships across the GESS community.
The German European School Singapore (GESS) is a multi-lingual, not-for-profit, German international school in Singapore with a distinct European flavour. As an accredited ‘Excellent German School Abroad’, the German Section of GESS offers all major German school leaving certificates.
Our European Section offers tuition in English for students from grade 1 - 12 across all three IB programmes (the PYP, the MYP and the IB Diploma Programme) as an authorised IB World School.
Children aged 2 years onwards can enroll in our Preschool where children are following the PYP programme in German-speaking, English-speaking or bilingual groups. In addition to an outstanding academic education, GESS strives to teach students community values such as respect, openness and diversity.
We offer an exciting working environment in an international and cooperative team. Your application should include a letter of application and your complete resume. Please indicate your reasons for applying for the position.
Our Selection Process
At GESS we adhere to fair employment practices that consist of hiring practices that are fair, merit-based and non-discriminatory.
We are committed to providing a world class, safe, happy environment in which children and young people are able to thrive and learn. We are committed to safeguarding and child protection as we promote the welfare of all our pupils irrespective of race, ability, religion, gender or culture.
All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures including satisfactory reference and background checks and the offer of employment will be subject to the completion of these. In addition, the visa entry requirements for Singapore are subject to certain requirements being met. This includes but is not limited to, mandatory diphtheria and measles vaccination requirements for children attending school in Singapore will need to be in place prior to arriving in Singapore in order for the criteria for a child Dependent Pass to be met and the visa granted. Further information on this will be shared at interview stage if applicable.
Please note, that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.