Relief Primary School Teacher
Academic – European Primary /
Part Time (Fixed Term)
Currently, more than 1800 students are learning at GESS supported by more than 400 full time and part time academic and administrative staff members. In August 2018 GESS moved to Dairy Farm Road to a modern new school campus located at the edge of Singapore’s largest nature reserve.
The German European School Singapore (GESS) is looking for expressions of interest for Relief Primary School Teacher position:
· Teaching lessons, as planned by regular teachers, in the European Section (English, maths, units of inquiry, PE, music, art, EAL, learning support)
· Undertaking duty of care for assigned classes or groups of children for duration of cover: ensuring their safety and well-being at all times
· Liaising with Grade Level Coordinator, Head of Subject, Deputy Directors of Curriculum or Pastoral Care, as relevant, to understand and deliver expected tasks and responsibilities for the duration of cover
· Liaising with Cover Coordinators to know assigned duties
· Covering additional duties, such as canteen or playground supervision
· Primary School teaching certification
· IB-PYP training and experience a plus
· Specialised training and experience in EAL and/or learning support a plus
· At least two years’ experience teaching in a contained classroom environment, with children from 5 to 11 years
· Flexibility and willingness to come to work at short notice
· Fluent English, spoken and written
Keen to collaborate and share your specialist expertise, you will be a fitting ambassador for the school. You will communicate with confidence across diverse audiences and situations, using your expertise to build strong relationships across the GESS community.
The German European School Singapore (GESS) is a multi-lingual, not-for-profit, German international school in Singapore with a distinct European flavour. As an accredited ‘Excellent German School Abroad’, the German Section of GESS offers all major German school leaving certificates.
Our European Section offers tuition in English for students from grade 1 - 12 across all three IB programmes (the PYP, the MYP and the IB Diploma Programme) as an authorised IB World School.
Children aged 2 years onwards can enroll in our Preschool where children are following the PYP programme in German-speaking, English-speaking or bilingual groups. In addition to an outstanding academic education, GESS strives to teach students community values such as respect, openness and diversity.
We offer an exciting working environment in an international and cooperative team. Your application should include a letter of application and your complete resume. Please indicate your reasons for applying for the position.
Our Selection Process
At GESS we adhere to fair employment practices that consist of hiring practices that are fair, merit-based and non-discriminatory.
We are committed to providing a world class, safe, happy environment in which children and young people are able to thrive and learn. We are committed to safeguarding and child protection as we promote the welfare of all our pupils irrespective of race, ability, religion, gender or culture.
All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures including satisfactory reference and background checks and the offer of employment will be subject to the completion of these. In addition, the visa entry requirements for Singapore are subject to certain requirements being met. This includes but is not limited to, mandatory diphtheria and measles vaccination requirements for children attending school in Singapore will need to be in place prior to arriving in Singapore in order for the criteria for a child Dependent Pass to be met and the visa granted. Further information on this will be shared at interview stage if applicable.
Please note, that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
CPE registration number: S72SS0010G Registration period: 22 June, 2017 – 21 June, 2023