Who we are
Getaround is the world’s first connected carsharing marketplace. Launched in 2011, Getaround is available today in more than 1,000 cities across the United States and Europe.
We connect safe, convenient, and affordable cars with people who need them to live and work via our peer-to-peer marketplace. Our proprietary connected car technology allows guests to book and unlock a wide variety of vehicles directly from our app without ever having to meet anyone in person, carry an access card, wait in line, or coordinate picking up keys, unlike traditional rental car services.
Getaround is focused on providing economic opportunities to local communities. Our community includes guests who rely on our cars for on-demand mobility and entrepreneurial hosts (car owners) who share cars on our platform including those who operate their own carsharing businesses.
Did you know cars are parked 22 hours a day on average? When we share cars, we don’t need as many on the road, which means fewer accidents, reduced traffic, and less space required for parking. Carsharing modernizes mobility by allowing people to connect multiple forms of efficient transportation for any type of use case.
Through carsharing, we aim to lessen greenhouse gasses and reduce pollution. Studies show that when carsharing is available, people drive less and drive vehicles more appropriate for their use case, which can reduce household carbon emissions by up to 40%. Also, shared cars are used more frequently and retired more quickly, accelerating the adoption of newer, more energy-efficient vehicles.
Our mission is to empower people to carshare everywhere by enabling the shift away from car ownership, want to join us?
Getaround is looking for a dynamic, hands-on Assistant Controller to lead and aid in the continued success of our Accounting and Financial Reporting team. You will own the entire global close and consolidation process, proposing and implementing changes and automation to enable timely and accurate reporting. Partner with various departments on cross-functional initiatives. In this role, you will aid in the development and growth of accounting professionals currently ranging from Staff Accountants to Accounting Managers by acting as a mentor for the department and a hands-on coach, leading by example.
What You'll Do
- Own the month-end close, global consolidation, and account reconciliation process.
- Own reporting, including creating or controlling statements of changes in equity and statements of cash flows.
- Transferring your accounting knowledge to the team - teaching and developing the team comprised of our accounting manager, and junior and senior accountants with various levels of technical knowledge.
- Work cross-functionally with various teams to automate and optimize processes and reports that impact the speed and accuracy of accounting.
- Help Financial Operations Team design and set up controls for all accounting-related tools and processes.
- Assist in preparing and/or updating financial and accounting policies as needed and assist in the application and adherence to those policies.
- Ensure compliance with statutory reporting filings (international entities) and various tax filings (domestic and international entities) with the help of our Tax and Legal department.
- Provide oversight on other initiatives or cross-functional projects impacting Accounting.
- Work proactively with the Financial Operations, Tax, and FP&A teams to ensure an efficient and accurate flow of information between teams.
- Contributing to any ad hoc projects as they arise.
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent
- Public company accounting experience
- At least 3 years of Big 4 experience
- International accounting experience
- Hands-on approach to problem-solving
- Proven ability to teach and develop the team. Patience and ability to explain accounting concepts to non-accountants across the company.
- Strong technical skills and experience in financial reporting and US GAAP accounting
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Positive attitude with a willingness to take on challenges in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and build working relationships across global teams
- Ability to manage the team remotely
- To be results driven with a high level of ownership, initiative, teamwork, accountability, and integrity
- Must be willing to travel to the San Francisco Bay Area
- CPA and/or advanced degrees (preferred but not required)
$184,000 - $212,000 a year
*Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
Benefits & Perks
🌎 Flexible work hours (we mean it!)
💰Competitive salary and generous Stock Options
💫401k plus platinum plans for medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
📝 Annual Work Smarter stipend to optimize your home office and individual wellness needs
🏖Flexible PTO policy and two annual ⚡Recharge Weeks to reset and recharge
💻Virtual events to connect with your fellow Getarounders, including educational speakers, cooking sessions, game nights, mixology classes, and +!
🤝 A company culture that keeps Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion top of mind, thanks to our dedicated Task Force. We are committed to being a place where you’re empowered to bring your full self to work
🗓 Monthly Getaround credits and discounts for you, your friends, and your family
At Getaround, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no matter your race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, your perspective has value.
Come join us in continuing to make Getaround a great place to work!