Senior BI Analyst (Remote)
San Francisco, CA /
Data & Intelligence /
At Getaround, we’re building a global platform to enable a future where all cars are shared. There are more than 1 billion cars in the world, and these cars are parked, on average, more than 95% of the time. With instant and keyless car sharing via our patented hardware and software platform and our industry-leading mobile apps, we’re helping communities around the world share these underutilized resources to reduce their vehicle footprint while increasing mobility solutions.
We are looking for a Senior Data Analyst to support our Claims and Accounting team based in San Francisco and working remotely. While your main stakeholder will be Claims and Accounting, you will have a unique opportunity to work closely with and impact every business team at Getaround, including Marketing, Sales, Operations, Product, and our Leadership team. It is our goal to ensure that everyone in the business has access to accurate information and to enable data-informed decision making.
Our ideal candidate has a strong analytical, actuarial and technical background with a motivation to influence the future of mobility.
What you'll be doing:
- Work with actuaries and data scientists to build an actuarial model for monthly claims costs
- Creatively leverage actuarial techniques and critical thinking to create the best possible actuarial model for Getaround’s automotive lines
- Collaborate with internal business partners and external vendors to ensure the actuarial model always reflects the most recent processes and policies that affect loss behavior
- Maintain actuarial models and codebase to be easily accessible to internal consumers such as Market Operations, Finance, and other BI/Data Science team members
- Explore cost driving loss trends and prepare detailed reports for business partners and leadership to inform strategic decisions, drive operational policy and improve claims policies and processes
- Lead and collaborate with external actuarial consultants to prepare independent actuarial reports quarterly and annually
- Create operational dashboards for the Claims team that focuses in the right areas to drive down costs based on observations from actuarial modeling and studies
- Develop a set of leading indicators and metrics that help Getaround proactively respond to new loss trends
- Leverage a wide range of statistical methodologies and data to tackle business problems
- Contribute to the future vision and implementation of Getaround’s insurance strategy as we continue to grow and expand!
What you'll need:
- 1-2 years of collaborative work in insurance/actuarial science2-4 years experience in a fast-paced environment like tech, consulting, investment banking, or similar
- Strong experience with SQL languages is required for this role. Proven ability to successfully translate actuarial models into SQL
- Experience with statistical methods such as descriptive statistics, regression, probability analysis, risk analysis using one or more analytical tools such as R, Python, or similar
- Expertise manipulating large data sets and building models in Excel/Google Sheets
- Experience with a Business Intelligence tool like Looker, Tableau, GoodData, Qlik, etc
- Results driven personality and ability to balance multiple projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to produce high quality and concise deliverables
- Experience managing project ambiguity, complexity, and interdependencies in a methodical and structured way
- Adaptability, flexibility, and a willingness to work within changing priorities including ad hoc requests
- Ability to work with autonomy in a fast-paced environment, a strong sense of accountability and attention to detail
- Curiosity and self-driven, problem solving personality
- Experience with any part of our data stack: Stitch, Fivetran, Python, Airflow, BigQuery, dbt, Looker, and git
Benefits and Perks:
- Platinum plans for medical, dental, and vision take excellent care of you and your family
- Generous stock options and robust 401(K) to help you save and plan for retirement
- Remote first workplace, flexible work hours, and open PTO policy (we mean it!)
- Work smarter incentive policy to optimize your home office and individual wellness needs
- Education stipend to promote your career development and growth
- Your own Udemy Business Learning account
- Monthly Getaround credits and discounts for your friends and family
At Getaround, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no matter your race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, your perspective has value.
Come join us in continuing to make Getaround a great place to work!