Sr. Backend Engineer - Python (Remote)
San Francisco, CA /
Software Engineering /
Getaround connects safe, convenient, and affordable cars with people who need them to live and work. Our community includes guests who rely on our cars for on-demand mobility and hosts who share cars on our platform including those who operate their own car sharing businesses.
Our connected car technology allows guests to book and unlock a wide variety of vehicles directly from our app without ever having to meet anyone in person, carry an access card, wait in line, or coordinate picking up keys. Cars are parked 22 hours a day on average. When we share cars, we don’t need as many on the road, which means fewer accidents, reduced traffic, and less space required for parking. Car sharing modernizes mobility by allowing people to connect multiple forms of efficient transportation for any type of use case.
Studies show that when car sharing is available, people drive less and drive vehicles more appropriate for their use case, which can reduce household carbon emissions by up to 40%. Also, shared cars are used more frequently and retired more quickly, accelerating the adoption of newer, more energy-efficient vehicles.
Are you a Senior Software Engineer who enjoys working on the Backend in Python? Do you perform code reviews in your current role? Is a great deal of your day to day dedicated to coding in Python? We want to hear from you as our growing engineering team is looking to add a Senior Backend Engineer with Python experience to join Getaround immediately!
What you'll be doing:
- Tackle some of the most challenging technical problems in the transportation marketplace space, specifically around scalability, availability, latency, dynamic pricing, and supply/demand
- Build backend services and features as well as APIs that power our native client apps
- Work within a microservices architecture
- Become a member of both Project & Functional Teams: Our team structure allows you to be part of cross-functional project teams, focusing on a single product or feature at a time, while also being part of the Backend Team -- a group of fellow engineers to own backend-specific services and share development best practices
What you'll need:
- 3+ years of experience building stable, high-performing services in Pythonic, well-crafted, Python 2.7 as well as experience with Python 3
- Experience developing with git-based source control, ideally in a team setting with pull requests
- GCP or AWS experience
- Experience building microservices
- Docker experience
Benefits and Perks:
- Platinum plans for medical, dental, and vision to take excellent care of you and your family
- Generous Stock Options and robust 401(K) to help you save and plan for retirement
- Remote First Workplace, flexible work hours, and flexible PTO (we mean it!)
- Work smarter incentive policy to optimize your home office and individual wellness needs
- Education stipend to promote your career development and growth
- Udemy for business learning portal
- Monthly Getaround credits and discounts for your friends and family
At Getaround, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no matter your race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, your perspective has value.
Come join us in continuing to make Getaround a great place to work!