Product Manager - Fraud & Identity
San Francisco, CA
At Getaround, we’re building a global platform to enable a future where all cars are shared. There are more than 1 billion cars in the world, and these cars are parked, on average, more than 95% of the time. With instant and keyless carsharing via our patented hardware and software platform and our industry-leading mobile apps, we’re helping communities around the world share these underutilized resources to reduce their vehicle footprint while increasing mobility solutions.
Fraud and Identity is a crucial part of our business where we empower users to rent cars seamlessly while having appropriate fraud and identity checks to minimize malicious activity. We are looking for a nimble Product Manager - Fraud and Identity who can lead different fraud and identity initiatives from initiation to launch. You will be the go-to leader for fraud and identity who will work closely with a truly cross functional team that involve both internal (e.g. claims, safety, customer happiness, finance and engineering) and external stakeholders to analyze, investigate, build and launch solutions to mitigate and prevent fraud and identity compromises.
You have a strong technical and analytical background that can think holistically about customer pain points. Getaround is growing rapidly and this role is critical to our success.
Primary responsibilities (aka “What you’ll be doing”)
- Strategize: Craft fraud & identity product roadmaps through interaction with cross-functional teams, data analysis, and partners.
- Execute: Work with safety, data science, and engineering to implement and build new product features that deliver great solutions for our users.
- Analyze: Define and analyze key metrics that will inform decision-making and measure success of product-driven initiatives.
- Invent: Think widely about carsharing, mobility trends and how to drive greater business value through creative solutions.
Qualifications (aka “Skills”)
- 3+ years of product management experience at technology-focused company(s).
- 2+ years of experience at a marketplace/e-commerce company.
- Demonstrated expertise in utilizing information generated from fraud patterns, data, and/or prior experience to create insights for a team of engineers.
- Proven experience building solutions that decrease fraud and identity theft.
- Demonstrated success in delivering new products and features from concept to launch.
- Ability to define product strategy, prioritize and articulate the rationale behind your decisions.
- Proven analytical skills and ability to use data to drive decision-making and feature prioritization.
- Command a high bar for product experiences and leverage user-centered design principles to guide your decision-making.
- Detail oriented with strong project management skills and able to ask the questions nobody else has asked.
- Knowing how to cut through ambiguity to identify the core priorities.
- A drive to collaborate, learn and“get things done” while balancing multiple projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong academic background in an engineering discipline or related field that enables you to understand & easily communicate with a technical team.
At Getaround, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no matter your race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, your perspective has value.
Come join us in continuing to make Getaround a great place to work!