Product & Design
Built is a growth-stage FinTech company that is on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.2T U.S. construction finance market. We strive to empower lenders, owners/borrowers, builders, inspectors, and more with innovative technologies that enable participants to manage risk, maximize productivity and improve the experience of accessing and managing construction capital. Since 2017, we have doubled in size and tripled our client base. In 2019, we completed a Series B financing round of $35 million led by Goldman Sachs Investment Partners bringing our total funding to $59 million. Our rapid growth gives us the opportunity to invest in team expansion and development.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Designer to join our mission and shape the customer experience across the Built product suite! You will be creating the vision for several key initiatives, and working with the rest of the product design team to establish design fundamentals as we transform our product experience over the coming years.
You will be the design owner of each initiative you’re working on, and will partner closely with other product and engineering team members to create informed and beautiful experiences for thousands of real users. You have a passion for the strategic work behind every user experience, and have the ability to bring others along in your process such that everyone has a shared understanding of the problem and solution.
What you'll do:
- Become an expert in construction lending by observing, learning from, and empathizing with new and existing customers.
- Provide clear design direction and ownership for each initiative: creating design deliverables, communicating with your team, & validating your work with customers.
- Show your work during the conceptual design phase by creating user flows, story maps, workflow diagrams, and other strategic artifacts as necessary.
- Explore multiple solutions to problems, knowing when to spend the time on high fidelity mockups and prototypes versus simple sketches and wireframes.
- Be an advocate for the user. Always.
- Humbly present your work to others.
- Contribute to the creation and documentation of the Built Design System.
- Collaborate regularly with engineers to measure design feasibility, pivot when necessary, and ensure designs are implemented in accordance with intent.
- Measure and learn from your solutions after they’ve shipped, and use that insight to inform the next iteration.
Who you are:
- You have proven experience in Product Design and have shipped designs that were used by real users to solve real problems (for SaaS or Enterprise applications is a plus!).
- You’re a great designer and a better problem-solver with a portfolio of examples demonstrating the problems you’ve solved and what you learned in the process.
- You’re a strategic thinker with big ideas, but understand when to focus on the details to get the job done.
- You’re not afraid to stand up for your designs, but also humble enough to take feedback and constructive criticism well.
- You’re comfortable diving into an existing application and finding the balance between leveraging work in place versus starting from scratch.
- You have a product mindset and know how to design for iterative delivery.
- You are comfortable digging into spreadsheets and formulas to understand how customers solved complex problems and created data relationships.
- You can quickly prototype your ideas for feedback using a variety of tools.
- You’re comfortable using the tools of the trade and quick to master new ones: Sketch, XD, Invision, Whiteboards, Flowchart and Diagramming tools, etc.
The rare opportunity to change the world and radically disrupt an industry
Weekly Team Lunches
Kitchen loaded with snacks, LaCroix, beer and bottomless coffee