Associate Data Engineer
Nashville, TN /
Client Services – Implementation /
Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.2T U.S. construction industry. We strive to empower lenders, owners, builders, and vendors with innovative software, payments products & services that enable participants to manage risk, maximize productivity / collaboration and ensure better cost management as capital flows into and throughout the construction industry. Founded in 2015, Built now serves more than 110 of the top financial institutions in the US and Canada, including 25+ of the top 100 US construction lenders. In 2019, we completed our Series B raise led by Goldman Sachs bringing our total funding to $55M. Bringing on the “best talent in the world” is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory.
Built is on a mission to simplify residential and commercial construction lending. Since day one, our goal has been to create the best way to access and manage construction capital. Our vision is to create the industry standard for construction lending software; built to streamline the loan management process and provide unprecedented portfolio insights. We strive to empower lenders, borrowers (Owners), builders, and others with innovative technologies, changing the way the world gets built.
One of the ways we do this is by providing world class data migrations during implementations and ongoing integrations with well-known partners in the industry. As an Associate Data Engineer at Built, you’ll be directly responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting solutions that enable clients and partners to accurately and routinely exchange data with Built software products. Because each client brings their own data and systems to the table, the job is rarely the same, and you’ll regularly face a ton of interesting data problems.
Success in this role is measured by:
- Delivering great experiences via both technology and our communications to clients and partners.
- Delivering the right solution at the right time with integrity.
- Transforming client data into BUILT data standards
- Ability to multitask by balancing the needs of several clients
- Providing high quality, empathetic support to all clients and partners.
- Continually building and iteratively improving our integrations codebase to be increasingly reusable and enable our customers and partners to do more.
- Confronting and tackling odd, unique data problems on a weekly basis.
- Communicating and collaborating with non-technical team members to troubleshoot and resolve when bugs are found.
- The system is built on Python 3.7, a bit of TypeScript in places, Luigi, Pandas, SQLAlchemy, Docker and AWS. (Don’t know all these things, no worries, there are plenty of opportunities to learn about them here.)
- The codebase also makes heavy use of type hinting.
- Test coverage is on average over 90% and Pylint is 10/10. We care a lot about quality and safety in our codebase.
- Our implementations team consists of Implementations Project Managers, Construction Lending Professionals, Data and Operations Analysts, and Software Engineers. Our team is motivated, professional, and full of top performers.
- You’ll report directly to the Director of Implementation
- Collaborative work and great sharing across the team both on the technology and product side. Your input is valued from the day you start.
- We strive to put people first and work with passion.
What we need you to bring:
- Strong working knowledge of Python or a comparable programming language, SQL, and MS Excel
- Excellent communication skills.
- A strong focus on our customers both internal and external.
- A dedication to the quality and ownership of your work product.
- Deep empathy and support of your teammates.
The rare opportunity to change the world and radically disrupt an industry
Competitive benefits including Unmetered Vacation; Health, Dental & Vision Insurance; and 401k
Weekly Team Lunches
Kitchen loaded with all the essentials to keep you productive