Sr. Software Engineer: Developer Experience (Node/Typescript/React)
Nashville, TN /
Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.2T U.S. construction industry. We strive to empower lenders, owners, builders, and vendors with innovative software, payments products & services that enable participants to manage risk, maximize productivity / collaboration and ensure better cost management as capital flows into and throughout the construction industry. Founded in 2015, Built now serves more than 110 of the top financial institutions in the US and Canada, including 25+ of the top 100 US construction lenders. In 2019, we completed our Series B raise led by Goldman Sachs bringing our total funding to $55M. Bringing on the “best talent in the world” is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory.
As a technical contributor and leader, you will be entrusted with ensuring the quality, stability, reusability, and reliability of Built’s core Typescript libraries. This objective requires closely working with other members of the product and engineering teams to deliver a world-class experience for our customers and to create efficiencies for other developers. You will lead a team that is focused primarily on the "technical roadmap" side of the business and will have input and influence over "how" other teams do their work in this space. Success in this role is measured on two fronts. The first being the developer productivity and happiness you generate through quality tooling. The second is the user experience improvements, and the impact they create with our customers.
In partnership with our User Experience and Engineering teams, you will materialize their combined best practices into scalable and reusable typescript modules.
Your primary focus will be on the enrichment of the Typescript ecosystem at Built & adoption of best practices across the teams. This includes, but is not limited to:
• Components Repositories
• Common Node Modules
• Template Repositories
• Test Harnesses
At times you will also lead/participate in helping teams or conquering explicit user experience initiatives in upgrading our features to use the latest & greatest tools/frameworks/libs you help develop.
- Designing and creating UI components in multiple web frameworks (HTML, CSS, SASS, JS, TS, CanJS, React.js, Vue.js)
- Building tests into your components (JS / Jest)
- Contributing thought and producing results across all levels of the UX/UI spectrum, including: Style Guide, Style Library (Layout, Taxonomy, Content, etc.), and UI Components (Modules, Patterns, Interactions, Alerts, Notifications, Communications, etc.)
- Contributing thought and producing results across middle-tier & lambda functions (for Node / Typescript)
- Create and maintain documentation around design systems, components, and shared libraries
- Facilitating conversations and decisions around UI changes with all appropriate stakeholders
- Documenting and communicating decisions and changes
- Implementing UI changes within our products
- Consult and assist with new product features
- Continually educate on these best practices
The rare opportunity to change the world and radically disrupt an industry
Competitive benefits including Unmetered Vacation; Health, Dental & Vision Insurance; and 401k
Weekly Team Lunches
Kitchen loaded with all the essentials to keep you productive