Sr. Data Integration Engineer (Client Services)
Nashville, TN /
Client Services – Implementation /
Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.2T U.S. construction industry. We strive to empower lenders, owners, builders, and vendors with innovative software, payments products & services that enable participants to manage risk, maximize productivity / collaboration and ensure better cost management as capital flows into and throughout the construction industry. Founded in 2015, Built now serves more than 110 of the top financial institutions in the US and Canada, including 25+ of the top 100 US construction lenders. In 2019, we completed our Series B raise led by Goldman Sachs bringing our total funding to $55M. Bringing on the “best talent in the world” is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory.
We believe in hiring professionals who aspire to solve complex problems in a complex industry using technology. We value individuals who are ambitious, passionate, self-motivated and have the ability to create opportunities at every turn. As our Senior Data Integrations Engineer, you will work to improve our product offering by integrating the Built application with third-party vendors, making Built more powerful and simpler for banks to get their data into and out of Built. This connection of data between Built and other banking systems is a key component to the success of Built and this role will be crucial to that success. Our goal is not only to build excellent data integrations per client, but to build it out as a platform of shared components allowing for new integrations to be created as quickly as possible. This is an ongoing effort, so there’s plenty of space for you to have a large impact both on this team and the company more broadly.
Additionally, as a senior engineer, you will have the opportunity to mentor your peers that are a mix of experience levels. If you share in our passion for data integration and teamwork, our vision to change the way the world gets built, and our goal to lead the future in construction lending technology, we’d love to hear from you!
The ideal candidate will be someone who...
- Has 3+ years of professional working experience with Python and modern Python packages, tooling, development, and testing
- Is a Trailblazer & Educator - setting new technical precedents and creating constraints, while documenting and educating engineers on new tools and patterns.
- Enjoys designing, leading, and collaborating on system architecture
- Understands what it means for a data integration to be successful and helps impart their importance to peers
- Has experience with a service-based architecture and event-driven systems
- Understands and is willing to make pragmatic trade-offs when designing solutions and mentoring others about those trade-offs
- Has experience working with data pipelines - we currently use Luigi, but experience in other frameworks like Airflow is great as well
- Is comfortable with Docker and container based development and production environments
...and will have worked with or is knowledgeable about...
- Python data packages and tooling (Pandas, Luigi, SQLAlchemy, etc)
- MySQL and other data persistence technologies
- Rundeck, Jenkins, and GoCD
- AWS (EC2, ECR, ECS, Kinesis, SQS, CloudWatch, RDS, etc.)
- git and GitHub
- ...and many others!
...and will also...
- Be a good communicator, both written and verbal
- Write good documentation
- Maintain a strong focus on customers, both internal and external
- Believe that cross-functional collaboration is the best way to achieve success
- Be dedicated to quality and ownership of your work product
- Be a tenacious and creative problem solver
The rare opportunity to change the world and radically disrupt an industry
Competitive benefits including Unmetered Vacation; Health, Dental & Vision Insurance; and 401k
Weekly Team Lunches
Kitchen loaded with all the essentials to keep you productive