Software Engineer: User Interface
Built is a growth-stage FinTech company that is on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.2T U.S. construction finance market. We strive to empower lenders, owners/borrowers, builders, inspectors, and more with innovative technologies that enable participants to manage risk, maximize productivity and improve the experience of accessing and managing construction capital. Since 2017, we have doubled in size and tripled our client base. In 2019, we completed a Series B financing round of $35 million led by Goldman Sachs Investment Partners bringing our total funding to $59 million. Our rapid growth gives us the opportunity to invest in team expansion and development.
We believe in hiring professionals who aspire to solve complex problems in a complex industry through technology. We value individuals who are ambitious, passionate, self-motivated and have the ability to create opportunities at every turn. As a Software Engineer: User Interface, you’ll work in partnership with our User Experience and Engineering teams to materialize their combined best practices into scalable and reusable user interface components and libraries that will keep us lean, mean, and moving forward together. These components will reside in shared libraries, and you will help teams adopt and implement these patterns into our products and services across Built so we have more consistency.
You'll be responsible for...
- Designing and creating UI components in multiple web frameworks (HTML, CSS, SASS, JS, TS, CanJS, React, Vue)
- Building tests into your components (JS / Jest)
- Contributing thought and producing results across all levels of the UX/UI spectrum including: Style Guide, Style Library (Layout, Taxonomy, Content, etc.), UI Components (Modules, Patterns, Interactions, Alerts, Notifications, Communications, etc.), and Utilities / Extensions.
- Creating and maintaining documentation around design systems, components and shared libraries
- Facilitating conversations and decisions around UI changes with all appropriate stakeholders
- Documenting and communicating decisions and changes
- Implementing UI changes within our products
- Consulting and assisting with new product features
...and will also...
- Be a good communicator
- Write good documentation
- Maintain a strong focus on customers, both internal and external
- Believe that collaboration is the best way to achieve success
- Be dedicated to quality and ownership of your work product
- Be a tenacious and creative problem solver
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Understanding of SEO and accessibility issues and how they relate to development
- Solid understanding of browser rendering and the ability to fine-tune an experience
- Experience with quality control systems like Jest, linting, unit/integration/UI testing
- Experience with version control systems such as Git
The rare opportunity to change the world and radically disrupt an industry
Competitive benefits including Unmetered Vacation; Health, Dental & Vision Insurance; and 401k
Weekly Team Lunches
Kitchen loaded with all the essentials to keep you productive