Head of People & Culture
Built is a growth-stage FinTech company that is on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.2T U.S. construction finance market. We strive to empower lenders, owners/borrowers, builders, inspectors, and more with innovative technologies that enable participants to manage risk, maximize productivity and improve the experience of accessing and managing construction capital. Since 2017, we have doubled in size and tripled our client base. In 2019, we completed a Series B financing round of $35 million led by Goldman Sachs Investment Partners bringing our total funding to $59 million. Our rapid growth gives us the opportunity to invest in team expansion and development.
As part of this growth, Built is looking for its first Head of People & Culture to care for our culture and all of our employee needs. You'll work closely with the executive team to lead initiatives across the organization including but not limited to Culture and Employee Experience, Talent Acquisition and Management, Compensation and Benefits, and Diversity and Inclusion.
The Head of People & Culture will combine a high EQ with keen business judgement. You will foster a culture of collaboration, resiliency, hard work, and a passion for excellence.
This person will report to and work closely with our VP of Finance and People and serve as a thought leader, and trusted advisor to the executive team. You will also need to be a trusted and respected partner for all employees and have a visible presence throughout the Built.
The successful candidate will have highly developed skills in the areas of change leadership, talent management and career tracking, organizational culture, and employee engagement. He or she will be a multi-tool player, have excellent interpersonal skills and embody Built’s values.
Specifically, the Head of People & Culture will focus on:
Engagement & Communication: identifying and investing in gaps in employee experience; developing a feedback loop with management; bringing cohesion across departments
Structure & Collaboration: developing a clear company structure; creating accountability through targets and clear measurement; creating and building scalable processes (including compensation) that further business objectives
Talent Development: creating a strategy for investing in talent development, consistently evaluating employee and manager performance and elevating and empowering proven contributors
Growth Strategy: enabling company growth through talent acquisition and retention roadmap, from junior team members to strategic hires, including strategy for effectively scaling teams and adapting org structure for changing business needs
Job Description: What you will do
- Advise and influence business leaders on leadership development, employee engagement and retention, performance criteria and measurement, succession planning, talent reviews and change management
- Ensure there is infrastructure and channels in place to manage through change and maintain communication across all levels and functions
- Support and optimize the talent team and process for recruiting, including team structure, candidate evaluation processes, interview best practices, candidate follow-up, recruiting KPIs and their continuous improvement to drive the growth strategy
- Ensure a great employee experience – creating personal growth, building careers of employees – whether their next step is within the company or elsewhere based on their career aspirations
- Develop and manage a competitive, contemporary compensation program and effectively implementing improvements
- Recruit and hire diverse candidates. Creating an inclusive culture that encourages and supports diversity of all kinds and rewards the implementation of creative solutions
- Evaluation and negotiation of compensation and benefit plans
- Drive a culture that embodies our values and client focus, and that rewards, promotes and encourages high performance throughout the organization.
Skills: What you will bring to the role
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Human Resources, People Operations and Talent Acquisition, preferably in a tech / SaaS environment
- Experience building and leading HR/People Ops/Talent Acquisition teams in high growth companies and/or division of a large company (previous experience in a SaaS environment is preferred but not required)
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs
- Demonstrated ability to coach while executing business strategy
- Ability to develop progressive and proactive programs to support employee engagement and retention
The rare opportunity to change the world and radically disrupt an industry
Weekly Team Lunches
Kitchen loaded with snacks, LaCroix, beer and bottomless coffee