Director of Information Security
Built Technologies is one of the fastest growing SaaS companies in Nashville. Recently named one of the 10 best tech startups in the area, we are experiencing a period of tremendous growth and have more than doubled in size and tripled our client base since January 2017. We founded Built to simplify the way capital moves into the construction industry. In 2019, we completed a Series B financing round of $31 million led by Goldman Sachs Investment Partners and a handful of investors including Regions Financial, bringing our total funding to $55 million. This enables us to capitalize on growth, team development, and bolstering investments in data utilization.
Due to Built Technologies continued growth and development, we are adding a Director of Information Security to join our team. This leader will serve as the company’s security officer and will partner to build a culture of security which is rooted in the company’s values and mission. This position will be directly responsible for the overall security function at Built and will be a member of the senior leadership team. This position will report to the SVP and Head of Technology.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned risk analytics and security leader who understands the challenges of FinTech company and desires to apply her / his knowledge to develop the security policies, plans and team that will allow Built to continue its successful growth.
This is a full-time position that will require the candidate to work in the Nashville, TN office.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- The Director of Information Security will oversee the overall security program for the company base upon managing risk within the US and Canada. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Maintaining a risk & security process/dashboard against key industry benchmarks, evaluating /re-evaluating state and creating work packages to continuously improve key framework maturity areas with the goal of having a best in class practice. This role will collaborate with the Director of Delivery, Head of Human Resources, and Company Compliance Officer to achieve goals.
- Managing pre-sales and annual client security reviews to ensure company compliance and adaptation to emerging changes
- Ensuring that Built maintains SOC II compliance, and partner with VP of Finance on SOC 1
- Ensuring that company products meet or exceed industry standard in identity and access management, information security, data handling and protection, as well as vulnerability and penetration testing
- Interacting with management and users to provide an understanding of IT security and its role within the organization.
Skills and Specifications:
- Advanced knowledge of Risk and Information security standards, laws and practices with a minimum of 5 years of experience as an existing Information Security Director. Preference for candidates that have prior experience in a similar role for a financial services company
- Later stage start-up and growth stage company experience a plus.
- Detailed knowledge of the ISO 27001 or NIST framework and how it applies for FinTech company in US/Canada
- Operations minded with a with the ability to plan, communicate, and execute as well as be hands on in this stage of Built.
- Ability to function as a hands-on security analyst
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required; Master's Degree preferred.
- Certificate CISSP preferred.
- 12+ years of progressively responsible information security experience including managing and developing a team of InfoSec individuals to achieve company objectives
- Demonstrated ability to influence all levels of management, build relationships quickly, understand the business and assist business leaders in reaching their strategic goals.
- Analytical skills, presentation skills, strong creative and conceptual thinking skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
The rare opportunity to change the world and radically disrupt an industry
Weekly Team Lunches
Kitchen loaded with snacks, LaCroix, beer and bottomless coffee