People Operations Specialist
Nashville, TN /
Corporate Services /
Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.2T U.S. construction industry. We strive to empower lenders, owners, builders, and vendors with innovative software, payments products & services that enable participants to manage risk, maximize productivity / collaboration and ensure better cost management as capital flows into and throughout the construction industry. Founded in 2015, Built now serves more than 110 of the top financial institutions in the US and Canada, including 25+ of the top 100 US construction lenders. In 2019, we completed our Series B raise led by Goldman Sachs bringing our total funding to $55M. Bringing on the “best talent in the world” is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory.
People Operations Specialist is a pivotal role to help the People Ops department execute the strategies needed to grow and strengthen the organization. This individual will play a key role in coordinating and executing HR projects and initiatives, driving process improvement and operational efficiency, while responsible for managing daily tasks & operations procedures The People Operations Specialist will work with detailed & highly confidential information, making a high level of accuracy, consistency, and thoroughness imperative. The People Operations Specialist must be sensitive to HR practices, Team Member experience, and the overall needs of the business.
- Provide high touch support to team members by responding to questions quickly and with a friendly and helpful approach
- Post job descriptions on our website and job boards
- Schedule interview arrangements for candidates, set-up video conferencing, and ensure interviews run smoothly.
- Provide updates to candidates regarding their applicant/interview status
- Conduct effective Reference Checking
- Onboarding logistics for New Hires
- Own and track our social recruiting campaigns and our Employee Referral Program.
- Assist with Team Member communication initiatives; updating records; managing, tracking, processing, and compiling sensitive and confidential data
- Add/Update team member personal data into (HRIS) database and/or documents activities as requested such as manager change, compensation change, etc.
- Perform tasks related to the administration of benefit, wellness, and leave of absence programs
- Update and document standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Run regular reports to measure key HR metrics and analyze data
- Prepare ad-hoc reports, monthly reports, and dashboards. Analyze HR data sets as requested.
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review process
- Respond to unemployment request, employment verification, and assist with research of new and updated employment law/regulations
- Participate and assist in People & Culture projects
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years of prior experience in an HR role in a startup environment
- A friendly attitude and willingness to tackle the people operations role with a more edgy approach
- A curiosity and passion to learn a lot! Always pushing things forward and simplifying our processes and procedures
- A commitment to helping others and providing a high touch approach to the employee experience
- An ability to tackle a lot of new things without getting overwhelmed
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
- Organized. Ability to take on many projects with grace.
The rare opportunity to change the world and radically disrupt an industry
Competitive benefits including Unmetered Vacation; Health, Dental & Vision Insurance; and 401k
Weekly Team Lunches
Kitchen loaded with all the essentials to keep you productive