Nashville, TN /
Product & Design /
Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.2T U.S. construction industry. We strive to empower lenders, owners, builders, and vendors with innovative software, payments products & services that enable participants to manage risk, maximize productivity / collaboration and ensure better cost management as capital flows into and throughout the construction industry. Founded in 2015, Built now serves more than 110 of the top financial institutions in the US and Canada, including 25+ of the top 100 US construction lenders. In 2019, we completed our Series B raise led by Goldman Sachs bringing our total funding to $55M. Bringing on the “best talent in the world” is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory.
We’re looking for a Product Designer to join our mission and shape the customer experience across the Built product suite. You will be creating the vision for several key initiatives and working with the rest of the product design team to establish fundamentals as we transform our product over the coming years.
You will be the design owner for each initiative you work on, and will partner closely with other product and engineering team members to create informed and beautiful experiences for thousands of real users. You have a passion for the strategic work behind every user experience, and have the ability to bring others along in your process such that everyone has a shared understanding of the problem and solution.
What you'll do:
- Become an expert in construction finance by observing, learning from, and empathizing with new and existing customers.
- Provide clear design direction and ownership for each initiative: creating deliverables, communicating with your team, & validating your work with customers.
- Show your work during the conceptual design phase by creating user flows, story maps, workflow diagrams, and other strategic artifacts as necessary.
- Explore multiple solutions to problems, knowing when to spend the time on high fidelity mockups and prototypes versus simple sketches and wireframes.
- Humbly present your work to others and be receptive to feedback.
- Collaborate regularly with engineers to measure design feasibility, pivot when necessary, and ensure designs are implemented in accordance with intent.
- Measure and learn from your solutions after they’ve shipped, and use that insight to inform the next iteration.
- Be an advocate for the user. Always.
Who you are:
- You have proven experience in digital product design and have shipped experiences that were used by real users to solve real problems.
- You’re a great designer and a better problem-solver with a portfolio of examples demonstrating your work and what you learned in the process.
- You’re a strategic thinker with big ideas, but understand when to focus on the details to get the job done.
- You have an aptitude for deconstructing complex problems within a complicated business domain (construction finance)
- You’re not afraid to stand up for your designs, but also humble enough to take feedback and constructive criticism well.
- You’re comfortable diving into an existing application and finding the balance between leveraging work in place versus starting from scratch.
- You have a product mindset and know how to design for iterative delivery.
- You can quickly prototype your ideas for feedback using a variety of tools.
- You understand the importance of a design system and have experience contributing to and working with one.
- You’re comfortable using the tools of the trade and quick to master new ones: Figma, Sketch, XD, Invision, whiteboards, flowchart and diagramming tools, etc.
The rare opportunity to change the world and radically disrupt an industry
Competitive benefits including Unmetered Vacation; Health, Dental & Vision Insurance; and 401k
Weekly Team Lunches
Kitchen loaded with all the essentials to keep you productive