Product Manager - Innovation
Product & Design
Built is a growth-stage FinTech company that is on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.2T U.S. construction finance market. We strive to empower lenders, owners/borrowers, builders, inspectors, and more with innovative technologies that enable participants to manage risk, maximize productivity and improve the experience of accessing and managing construction capital. Since 2017, we have doubled in size and tripled our client base. In 2019, we completed a Series B financing round of $35 million led by Goldman Sachs Investment Partners bringing our total funding to $59 million. Our rapid growth gives us the opportunity to invest in team expansion and development.
What if you could use your skills as a business and product leader to help shape a product that profoundly impacts the way homes, offices, hospitals, schools, and communities across the world are built? Construction has an immense impact on the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it is also one of the world’s least digitized industries.
Built is on a rapid course to change that.
We are looking for Product Manager - Innovation to guide a cross-functional R&D process that will help the organization quickly and consistently evaluate new opportunities, make smart investment decisions, and turn our ambitious product vision into a clear product roadmap.
What you will do:
- Identify and rigorously vet opportunities in the construction finance ecosystem
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team with expertise in design, engineering, and business
- Use research, data, and customer insight to solve ambiguous problems, proactively mitigate risks, and help Built prioritize our roadmap
- Use business acumen and sound judgement to evaluate opportunities, risks and competitive landscape, ultimately making a business case for investment
- Focus on the future, identifying both near and long term product and service portfolio vision
Who you are:
- An experienced product manager who has guided multiple products from development to launch in FinTech, SaaS, or related software companies
- Skilled in business opportunity assessment, with experience in consulting, finance or business, particularly with an innovation or M&A focus
- Customer-centric and business-minded, balancing revenue targets and customer experience
- A strategic thinker that can break down complex problems into relevant, actionable steps
- High IQ and EQ
Skills — What you will bring:
- A knack for problem-solving and quickly connecting the dots
- An unyielding curiosity to learn and solve problems in FinTech and PropTech
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Data analysis expertise, strong research skills and ability to build an airtight business case
- End-to-end product management, preferably with a focus on innovation
- Track record of collaboration with cross-functional teams including engineering, strategy, business units, marketing and/or sales
- Consulting, business, finance or product incubator background preferred but not required, especially related to M&A, opportunity analysis or technology
3-5 years of relevant experience:
The rare opportunity to change the world and radically disrupt an industry
Weekly Team Lunches
Kitchen loaded with snacks, LaCroix, beer and bottomless coffee