Senior Software Engineer, Python Integrations
Built Technologies is one of the fastest growing SaaS companies in Nashville. Recently named one of the 10 best tech startups in the area, we are experiencing a period of tremendous growth and have more than doubled in size and tripled our client base since January 2017. We founded Built to simplify the way capital moves into the construction industry. In late 2017, we took on a $21 million Series A investment from Index Ventures and Nyca Partners, enabling Built to capitalize on growth, team development, and bolstering investments in data utilization.
Built is on a mission to simplify residential and commercial construction lending. Since day one, our goal has been to create the best way to access and manage construction capital. Our vision is to create the industry standard for construction lending software; built to streamline the loan management process and provide unprecedented portfolio insights. We strive to empower lenders, borrowers, builders, and others with innovative technologies, changing the way the world gets built.
One of the ways we do this is by providing powerful integrations with well-known partners in the industry and building custom integrations for our clients. As a Senior Software Engineer with a focus on Integrations, you’ll be directly responsible for designing, developing, implementing, and supporting solutions that enable clients and partners to accurately and routinely exchange data with Built software products. Because each client brings their own data and systems to the table, the job is rarely the same, and you’ll regularly face a ton of interesting data problems.
Success in this role is measured by:
- Advising, collaborating and fostering consensus on the appropriate architecture for integrations products, balancing delivery and positioning for known future cases.
- Mentoring and collaborating with teammates to establish a pattern of delivery reflected in the work product and team attitude.
- Delivering the right solution at the right time with integrity.
- Providing high quality, empathetic support to all clients and partners.
- Continually building and iteratively improving our integrations codebase to be increasingly reusable and enable our customers and partners to do more.
- Leading integration projects with top partners in our industry in all technical aspects.
- Continuing to push forward, documenting of, acceptance/ratification of, and maintenance of sound Python and TypeScript standards & practices.
- Communicating and collaborating with non-technical team members to troubleshoot and resolve when bugs are found.
- The system is built on Python 3.7, a bit of TypeScript in places, Luigi, Pandas, SQLAlchemy, Docker and AWS. (Don’t know all of these things? no worries, there are plenty of opportunities to learn about them here)
- The codebase also makes heavy use of type hinting.
- Test coverage is on average over 90% and Pylint is 10/10. We care a lot about quality and safety in our codebase.
- Strong Product Owner who focuses on what value we can deliver to customers and creating meaningful experiences for them.
- A Principal Engineer who helps ensure we’re doing the right work with quality, leveraging the proper tools, and advancing as a team.
- Two Senior Engineers who help lead the team toward solutions and ensure that we maintain consistent quality. (and you!)
- Four talented Engineers who push out integrations and features for customers multiple times a week. (1 more coming soon)
- Collaborative work and great sharing across the team both on the technology and product side. Your input is valued from the day you start.
- We strive to put people first and work with a passion.
What we need you to bring:
- Strong Python and SQL experience and hopefully some prior integrations experience.
- Experience working with raw data and shaping it into useful data sets.
- A teaching or servant-leader mindset.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A strong focus on our customers, both internal and external.
- A dedication to the quality and ownership of your work product.
- Deep empathy and support of your teammates.
The rare opportunity to change the world and radically disrupt an industry
Weekly Team Lunches
Kitchen loaded with snacks, LaCroix, beer and bottomless coffee
Dog friendly office