Product & Design
Built is a growth-stage FinTech company that is on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.2T U.S. construction finance market. We strive to empower lenders, owners/borrowers, builders, inspectors, and more with innovative technologies that enable participants to manage risk, maximize productivity and improve the experience of accessing and managing construction capital. Since 2017, we have doubled in size and tripled our client base. In 2019, we completed a Series B financing round of $35 million led by Goldman Sachs Investment Partners bringing our total funding to $59 million. Our rapid growth gives us the opportunity to invest in team expansion and development.
We’re looking for an experienced UX Researcher to partner with our Product Manager of Innovation to guide a cross-functional R&D process that will help us achieve our mission. You will help the organization quickly and consistently evaluate new opportunities, make smart investment decisions, and turn our ambitious product vision into a clear product roadmap.
What you'll do:
- Become an expert in construction finance by observing, learning from, and empathizing with new and existing customers and stakeholders.
- Work closely with the Product Manager of Innovation to explore new opportunities and uncover data-driven insights.
- Engage with other departments (sales, finance, business operations, etc.) to refine your understanding and choose the proper tools and methods.
- Develop research plans, surveys, and end-user studies.
- Conduct and synthesize stakeholder and customer interviews.
- Perform competitive analysis on products and services users are currently using to solve problems.
- Facilitate design workshops and rapid prototyping sessions.
- Design low-fidelity wireframes of concepts and create testable prototypes.
- Transform insights into appropriate deliverables for broader organization alignment: personas, journey maps, empathy maps and user flows, information architecture diagrams, usability testing reports, and more.
- Own the transition of your work to product and engineering teams for further refinement prior to development.
Who you are:
- You’re an experienced UX researcher with a knack for unpacking complex problems and user behaviors.
- You are passionate about the many disciplines within user experience and know when to use one approach versus another.
- You have a portfolio demonstrating knowledge of different research methods, the insights they yielded, and final deliverables.
- You are a strong cross-functional communicator who can articulate how user experience and design helps advance internal and external business objectives.
- You’re excited at the thought of exploring multiple product opportunities versus staying focused on a single initiative.
- You thrive in a fast-paced product environment.
- You’re comfortable using the tools of the trade and are quick to master new ones.
- You're able to travel up to 5-7 days per month.
The rare opportunity to change the world and radically disrupt an industry
Weekly Team Lunches
Kitchen loaded with snacks, LaCroix, beer and bottomless coffee