Product Owner - Business Intelligence
Product & Design
Built is a growth-stage FinTech company that is on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.2T U.S. construction finance market. We strive to empower lenders, owners/borrowers, builders, inspectors, and more with innovative technologies that enable participants to manage risk, maximize productivity and improve the experience of accessing and managing construction capital. Since 2017, we have doubled in size and tripled our client base. In 2019, we completed a Series B financing round of $35 million led by Goldman Sachs Investment Partners bringing our total funding to $59 million. Our rapid growth gives us the opportunity to invest in team expansion and development.
Product Owners with Built are warm, tactical, and alert. They're excellent communicators and keep their engineering team aligned and focused on their current priorities. They take initiative with their team to ensure they are well-informed and working on the right things.
Product Owners work closely with Product Managers in order to share an understanding of the open problems to solve and the priority of those problems relative to others. They advance their market knowledge for construction finance in conversations with internal experts and clients. With this foundation, they contribute to the design of solutions for open problems and help illustrate the vision of those solutions to their team and stakeholders.
Product Owners have sharp command over the written word and produce consistent and clear user stories by breaking down solutions that have been chosen for execution. Because of their ownership of the backlog, and their command of contextual market knowledge, they are able to speak about the details of stories and make any necessary changes when new information is presented.
Product Owners lead refinements with their team in order to present the stories they’ve written and size them. After these stories are executed, they conduct acceptance testing and negotiate with the team on any new work that needs to be done as a result.
Built’s Insights team is both a business intelligence product for Built customers and an internal team that focuses on maximizing the business value of data, both internally and externally. As a result, the Product Owner for Built Insights ensures that data from diverse internal applications is combined, structured, surfaced, and accessible for analysis to drive key business and operating decisions for the business and our customers.
What you'll do:
- Own development of the Built Insights product roadmap
- Serve as the primary point of contact for Built Insights at all points in the customer lifecycle, from the sales process through implementation and ongoing account growth
- Consume requests from customers and internal stakeholders for new reports and functionality, prioritize them, and assess scope with Insights team
- Collaborate with the Built Product team to identify and refine opportunities for product updates based on needs identified while working with clients
- Radiate team progress through Risk & Delivery Review updates and other artifacts
- Work with prospects/customers to validate the Built Insights product value
- Contribute to content development and internal training plans to ensure that Built Insights is always well represented in client communications
- Allocate tasks, clarify responsibilities, and set expectations for quality and timeliness of deliverables in team Backlog and Kanban boards for Insights Team
- Maintain Insights Backlog and Kanban boards and oversee all release process management
- Work closely with the Insights Engineering Lead and VP of Product
- Not an engineering role, but greatly benefits from deep familiarity with engineering tools and practices, specifically in the context of business intelligence and reporting
Who you are:
- 3+ years of experience working with a Scrum or engineering team as a Product Owner or Product Manager
- You have experience in FinTech (financial technology) and/or PropTech (real estate technology) environments
- You are excited by the potential value that can be delivered with data
- You have experience working directly with clients and internal stakeholders to assess needs and define technical solutions
- You’ve played an active role in analytics solution projects such as business intelligence implementations, integrations of new data sources for reporting, embedding of reporting tools in applications, new ETL development, and the creation of in-house reporting solutions
- You have experience working with engineers to deliver client-specific technical solutions
- You’re comfortable working with internal customers in Sales, Implementations, and Client Services to document, understand, and prioritize their pain points
- Demonstrable ability to conceptualize a software solution for a business problem
- Demonstrable ability to write user stories with clear acceptance criteria that describe the desired outcomes for a software solution
- You possess strong presentation and verbal / written communication skills and are able to interact with all levels of an organization, influencing cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Demonstrable ability to understand and discuss light technical concepts, such as data warehouses, data lakes, SQL queries, etc.
Valuable Additional Skills:
- Product launch experience
- Technical background
- Experience with Looker, JIRA, and Confluence
- Internal/External client and stakeholder management (the willingness and ability to say “no”)
The rare opportunity to change the world and radically disrupt an industry
Weekly Team Lunches
Kitchen loaded with snacks, LaCroix, beer and bottomless coffee