Built is a growth-stage FinTech company that is on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.2T U.S. construction finance market. We strive to empower lenders, owners/borrowers, builders, inspectors, and more with innovative technologies that enable participants to manage risk, maximize productivity and improve the experience of accessing and managing construction capital. Since 2017, we have doubled in size and tripled our client base. In 2019, we completed a Series B financing round of $35 million led by Goldman Sachs Investment Partners bringing our total funding to $59 million. Our rapid growth gives us the opportunity to invest in team expansion and development.
Built is on a mission to simplify residential and commercial construction lending. Since day one, our goal has been to create the best way to access and manage construction capital. Our vision is to create the industry standard for construction lending software; built to streamline the loan management process and provide unprecedented portfolio insights. We strive to empower lenders, borrowers, builders, and others with innovative technologies, changing the way the world gets built.
We believe in hiring professionals who aspire to solve complex problems in a complex industry through technology. We value individuals who are ambitious, passionate, self-motivated and have an ability to create opportunities at every turn. As our DevOps Engineer, you will work to empower our developers by creating the tooling and infrastructure necessary to support our development pipeline as well as proactively mentoring the developers about what it means to create resilient, scalable solutions. Put simply, by empowering our developers you are empowering our business to succeed. Our goal is to automate everything ops related where possible, while realizing that not all tasks are automatable. As a result, there will be some amount of traditional operations until we get as close to automating those away as we can.
If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to change the way the world gets built, and our goal to lead the future in construction lending technology, let’s talk today!
The ideal candidate will be someone who...
- Enjoys designing or influencing system architecture
- Understands what it means to be a resilient (HA + scalable) and responsive service
- Is knowledgeable of modern configuration management practices
- Enjoys working with developers to design the appropriate infrastructure and systems architecture to support the best-case business product
- Doesn’t like after hours support calls and will fix the underlying issue
- Loves automation and wants to automate things with Python (or a similar language)
- Enjoys leading the charge on building better tools to unlock developer efficiency
- Understands network engineering and security best practices
...and will have worked with...
- AWS Console, CLI, and Cloudformation ---> E.g. VPC, EC2, DynamoDB, RDS, Lambda, API Gateway, Cloudfront, etc.
- Jenkins and GoCD
- Docker + ECS
- ELK Stack
- MySQL (in a high-availability context)
- Python scripting for automation (heavy boto3 usage)
- Monitoring/data collection tools such as New Relic, Sentry, Intercom, etc.
- ...and many others!
...and will also...
- Be a good communicator
- Write good documentation
- Maintain a strong focus on customers, both internal and external
- Believe that collaboration is the best way to achieve success
- Be dedicated to quality and ownership of your work product
- Be a tenacious and creative problem solver
This role requires you being full-time in our Nashville, TN office.
The rare opportunity to change the world and radically disrupt an industry
Weekly Team Lunches
Kitchen loaded with snacks, LaCroix, beer and bottomless coffee