Software Engineer (PHP API)
Built Technologies is one of the fastest growing SaaS companies in Nashville. Recently named one of the 10 best tech startups in the area, we are experiencing a period of tremendous growth and have more than doubled in size and tripled our client base since January 2017. We founded Built to simplify the way capital moves into the construction industry. In late 2017, we took on a $21 million Series A investment from Index Ventures and Nyca Partners, enabling Built to capitalize on growth, team development, and bolstering investments in data utilization.
Built is on a mission to simplify residential and commercial construction lending. Since day one, our goal has been to create the best way to access and manage construction capital. Our vision is to create the industry standard for construction lending software; built to streamline the loan management process and provide unprecedented portfolio insights. We strive to empower lenders, borrowers, builders, and others with innovative technologies, changing the way the world gets built.
One of Built’s areas of focus is continuing to provide the security, integrity, and auditability our customers deserve in an ever-changing landscape of use cases and needs. Increasingly, Built’s customers and partners leverage public APIs to provide programmatic access to our systems. In addition to outward facing needs, our internal systems are maturing and breaking into scalable services designed to be used in a composable fashion to deliver different product offerings to our customers. The two initial areas of this work are advanced feature management and notifications.
As a Software Engineer at Built, you will help:
-Ship features with high quality and integrity
-Participate in architectural and design conversations
-Encourage and build up your teammates
Success in this role is measured by:
- Delivering the right solution at the right time with integrity.
- Confronting and tackling odd, unique problems on a regular basis that arise in an industry not fully leveraging technology
- Participating in delivering solutions that scale using strong architectural patterns and approaches
- Communicating and collaborating with both technical and non-technical team members to arrive at negotiated decisions.
- The systems will be built on Python, PHP, Docker, and AWS.
- This position focuses on the mid-tier PHP product API built in Martin Fowler’s API Gateway pattern.
- We care a lot about quality and safety in our codebase.
- The codebase will make heavy use of type hinting.
- Test coverage targets over 90%, and PHPCS/PHPSTAN being clean.
What we need you to bring:
- PHP experience and ideally, some API and/or services development experience.
- While you’ll be focused on the mid-tier, a strong desire to work collaboratively with teammates focused on other layers to help deliver full features.
- Working knowledge of AWS services for building and deploying scalable systems, messaging, persistence, and compute.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A strong focus on our customers both internal and external.
- A dedication to the quality and ownership of your work product.
- Deep empathy and support of your teammates.
- A Principal Engineer who helps ensure we’re doing the right work with quality, leveraging the proper tools and advancing as a team.
- Two Senior Engineers who help lead the team toward solutions and ensure that we maintain consistent quality.
- Two talented Engineers who assist in decision making and shipping features for customers multiple times a week. (One of these is you!)
- Phone Screen
- In Person conversations with a mix of product and engineering team members and management.
The rare opportunity to change the world and radically disrupt an industry
Weekly Team Lunches
Kitchen loaded with snacks, LaCroix, beer and bottomless coffee
Dog friendly office