Strategic Program Manager - PMO
Nashville, TN (Hybrid) /
Strategy & Shared Services – Shared Services /
Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.3T U.S. construction industry. We strive to empower lenders, owners, builders, and vendors with innovative software, payment products & services that enable participants to manage risk, maximize productivity and collaboration to ensure better cost management as capital flows into and throughout the construction industry. Founded in 2015, Built now serves more than 140 of the top financial institutions in the US and Canada, including 35+ of the top 100 US construction lenders.
In addition to our recent $125M Series D funding and $1.5B valuation, we’re proud to have been named one of Forbes’ Top 100 Startup Employers in America for 2021. Bringing on the “best talent in the world” is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory—and we want you to be part of it.
The Strategic Program Manager oversees and manages cross-functional related projects to ensure alignment with Built’s long-term strategic initiatives. This self-starting leader will play a critical role in developing, shaping, and monitoring corporate initiatives through relentless reduction of ambiguity and ruthless prioritization and focus. The Strategic Program Manager is accountable for demonstrable and measurable outcomes that align teams to our company objectives and acts as a crucial hub of information for the business throughout the full product development lifecycle.
Working under the direction of the Program Management Office (PMO), The Strategic Program Manager will coordinate interdependent business, operations, and shared-service deliverables to optimize efficiency and scalability. This role is highly visible across the organization and requires agility, problem-solving, and proactive stakeholder engagement.
In this role, you will:
- Drive change through constant development, analysis, and refinement of operational efficiencies
- Develop workflows and processes that drive efficiency by constantly questioning the way things are done
- Serve as the liaison between executive leadership and team managers to ensure team alignment between corporate strategy, OKRs, and initiatives
- Identify blockers and develop reporting methods to improve strategic cadence toward deliverables by developing and monitoring value-add dashboards with cross-functional teams
- Establish and ensure adoption to clear processes for shared-service prioritization and delivery, and improve the processes over time based on data analysis and soliciting ongoing feedback
- Work with internal stakeholders to maintain a prioritized queue of shared services deliverables
- Drive accountability with teams and stakeholders by qualifying value-add change management to influence operational agility and continual improvement
- Contribute to resource development and internal training plans to ensure that Built’s strategy and shared services are always well represented in product delivery life-cycle communication
- Collaborate with the Built Product team to identify and refine opportunities for product updates based on needs identified while working with stakeholders.
- Support teams across the organization to develop a cross-functional perspective of the product delivery lifecycle.
- Translate and decompose product vision and strategy into measurable goals and milestones. Continuously improve personal and team processes with the goals of increasing predictability, quality, and transparency while decreasing lead time, uncertainty, and rework.
- Be a servant leader of leaders
- At least 6 years in program and project management in high-growth SaaS, IT, or product delivery-based business operations.
- Program and project management professional training and/or certifications (PMP, PMI-ACP, or equivalent)
- Demonstrated success managing multiple concurrent projects with a sense of urgency and proactively balancing the workload
- Experience with agile methodologies that scale to enterprise excellence and continual improvement (Agile, SCRUM, PMI-ACP, etc.)
- Proven history of collaborating with executive and key internal stakeholders to align strategic initiatives with cross-functional team deliverables
- Proven track record of working with ambiguity and incomplete information to deliver results. Relationship builder and able to tailor communication styles to the stakeholder or team
- Track-record of delivering clear and concise information to key stakeholders derived from complex tools and sources
- Ability to influence key decision-makers through meaningful analysis and representation of data
- Unafraid to question the way of working by always thinking of the end in mind
- Exceptional attention to detail and the big-picture
The rare opportunity to radically disrupt an industry
Competitive benefits including uncapped vacation; health, dental & vision insurance; and 401k
Holistic compensation package including base salary, bonus, and equity
Learning grants to support your professional development
Our company is made up of passionate people who are driven in a variety of disciplines—and each of them bring their unique perspective to everything they do. Creating a safe and inclusive workplace is critical to the success of our company and of our employees, so it’s our aim to recruit, hire and promote without bias against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. As we learn and as we grow, we’re committed to ensuring that these ideals are at the forefront of everything we do.