Tech Lead Operations
Tallinn, Estonia /
Product Engineering /
Who are we
We believe the world would fundamentally be a better place if everybody invested. We’re on a mission to enable everyone to take part in the world’s success by making investing simple, affordable, and accessible.
Change is quickly emerging as one of the leading investment apps in Europe. Cryptocurrencies, interest bearing debit cards and CFD-s will be soon accompanied by stocks putting us in a position to change the financial future of millions of people around the world.
Tech Lead Role
We’re looking for a Tech Leader to lead our Operations and Back-Office product team. Working directly with the CTO you make significant contributions to the technical direction of our whole product. Your role will be a mixture of team leading, architecture, infrastructure design, hands-on coding, and driving technical innovation across Change.
You will thrive if you’re passionate about automation, finding the smartest solutions and solving real world problems for real people. You’re great in grasping the big picture but also don’t mind getting your hands dirty when it comes to coding. Importantly you believe in empowered leadership - that’s the only way we roll.
Note: There are some travel limitations currently, so we are happy to start remotely and relocate at the first opportunity.
What’s in it for you:
- Bleeding edge tech. Blockchain, Kotlin, AWS, and more;
- Work across the whole tech stack;
- Directly impact our customers, financials, and support team;
- Lead a team of outstanding full stack engineers;
- Hire your own team;
- Solve complex technical challenges;
- Have complete autonomy;
What will you do:
- You will be responsible for driving the automation and optimisation of all daily operations and the development of our back-office;
- Lead both in-house and external engineers. Take part in hiring and coach and motivate your team members to be the best;
- Ensure that the system architecture evolves to meet its changing needs & environment;
- Establish and maintain the coding culture;
- Work closely with product managers, business and support team. Translate business and product requirements into technical specs and plan work;
- Take full ownership of releasing and testing the systems you own;
- Monitor and track systems uptime, task success, security and code quality that’s under your ownership;
- Support Change’s technical direction and initiatives around tooling, technical debt, security etc;
What we're looking for:
- 6+ years experience building JVM application, Java, Kotlin, Spring Boot, SQL, Postgres SQL, Gradle;
- 2+ years experience in leading modern tech teams;
- Excellent knowledge of Web technologies and Microservices architecture;
- Good grasp of SOLID and clean code principles;
- Experience with reactive front-end technologies like React;
- Kafka / ActiveMQ / RabbitMQ or other synchronous message queues systems;
- Drive, sense of urgency and perfect match to our values.
Nice to have:
- Aws ecosystem;
- Docker, ECS fargate;
What we offer:
- Generous stock package as you’re early to join;
- Competitive salary, health insurance, pension fund and other perks;
- An ambitious team of 14 nationalities;
- Global relocation and visa sponsorship;
- Awesome office in Tallinn city center;
- Journey to a billion-dollar company.
Our Product Team
We get things done. The mission is big, the industry is competitive and customer impact is everything. The best way to do it is to aim high and build, ship, and learn fast.
We strongly believe in autonomy and complete ownership - everyone takes full responsibility for their own work. We work in small independent, cross-functional teams passionate about sharing knowledge, data as a single source of truth, and constant feedback. In our product team, you’ll work in a dynamic, open environment employing the latest techniques and best practices in back-end engineering, and utilising the best in class tools and frameworks to build a highly distributed, scalable FinTech product.