Full Stack Software Engineer
Who are we
Change is an investment focused challenger bank providing everyone in Europe access to exciting investments and banking services. Our investment app with a debit card provides a simple way to invest and use cryptocurrencies, stocks, gold and more. Our mission is to make money simple.
How we work
Result-driven and data backed we strive to build and learn fast to always offer the maximum value to our users.
We strongly believe in autonomy and complete ownership - everyone takes full responsibility for their own work. So instead of a corporate hierarchy with more layers than an onion, we work in small independent teams and each team makes their own calls.
With great power comes great responsibility, so this doesn’t work for everyone. But if you value freedom, self-governance, and stimulating challenges, we would be just wonderful together.
Our engineering team
Everybody takes full responsibility of the product quality and every line of code they ship. This means writing automated tests to ensure your code works correctly, doing real-time production monitoring and fixing any issues that come up. There is no manual QA - if CI is green code in master is automatically deployed to production.
Today we have 9 engineers with a never-ending passion towards technology, product, and user experience. By the end of next year, we are expecting to bring only 4 more engineers - this is your chance to be on board early and create the future yourself.
What we're looking for
- Fluency in Java (or Kotlin) - we use Spring Boot
- Strong understanding of OOP and Clean Code
- Experience with reactive UI development using React or similar, experience with Flutter is a plus
- Experience with relational databases, SQL and schema design
- A fan of writing unit tests and TDD
- Understanding of RESTful APIs
- Customer focus - you believe that talking to customers is essential to figure out what to build next
- Interest and knowledge of cryptocurrencies, tokenization, alternative banking and finance, payment platforms
- Ability to work independently and deliver your own solutions to problems
Nice to have
- Experience with Devops - setting up infrastructure (AWS) & CI
- Experience in crypto, blockchain, payment platforms, alternative banking, FinTech
- Understanding of Agile principles, Scrum/Kanban
- Experience in distributed and concurrent systems, knowing the tradeoffs between stateful/stateless and synchronous/asynchronous architectures
- Knowledge of the Lean Startup principles (MVP, Build-Measure-Learn)
What we offer
- Be part of an incredible team of people from all over the world
- Work in a rapidly expanding team and grow your responsibilities in time
- Immense learning opportunity in Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies
- Competitive salary, motivation package, and all kinds of small perks to keep you happy with us
- Environment that encourages self-development, learning, and growth
- “Work hard, play hard” culture - regular team events from skiing weekends and trekking to happy-hours and board game nights