Controller with Fred Weber
Maryland Heights, Missouri /
Accounting/Finance – Fred Weber /
Collaborative Strategies, Inc. is conducting a search on behalf of Fred Weber Inc., a full-service construction materials expert headquartered in Maryland Heights, Missouri. They are a major force in the community’s development and an innovator in construction materials. For over 90 years, their beliefs have been an integral part of their culture: the power of planning; the value of a good day’s work; and the need to continually think and change business practices to better serve clients.
Fred Weber Inc. is growing and evolving. They are financially secure and have an exciting strategic plan that includes growth in existing and new areas of the business. To support this growth, they encourage everyone to be innovative by rewarding new ideas and implementing them quickly. They are also family-oriented – management and coworkers alike support and rally around employees in times of need.
Due to their growth, Fred Weber Inc. is adding a Controller to the team. This key role will be a trusted advisor to the Chief Financial Officer and senior management, performing accounting operations, ensuring the company’s reported financial results are accurate and comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, conducting due diligence of merger and acquisition opportunities and successfully integrating new business into the company.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the successful candidate will:
MANAGE ACCOUNTING OPERATIONS - Responsible for managing all aspects of accounting including financial statements, balance sheet, general ledger, reconciliations, month-end and annual-close, and the annual audit. Coordinate, prepare and review monthly, quarterly, and annual reports. Coordinate and/or prepare tax schedules, returns, and information to ensure corporate income tax compliance is accurate, timely and taking full advantage of favorable tax codes. Manage cash flow.
PERFORM FINANCIAL ANALYSIS - Provide strategic guidance by preparing reports that summarize and forecast business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations. Financial consulting and strategic support of senior management including, but not limited to, financial and business analysis and planning, results management, understanding revenue and cost drivers, defining appropriate reports, and preparation of Board presentations.
OVERSEE FINANCIAL REPORTING AND SYSTEMS - Develop and maintain all necessary systems to ensure reporting and records are maintained in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Work with the Chief Financial Officer, executive management and cross-functional department leads to ensure all reporting deadlines are met (i.e., monthly operating reports, annual budgets, bank reporting, etc.).
FOSTER STRONG WORKING RELATIONSHIPS - Develop and coordinate relationships with financial institutions. Manage relationships with audit firms and periodic company audits.
PARTICIPATE IN MERGER & ACQUISITION ACTIVITY - Conduct due diligence of merger and acquisition opportunities and successfully integrate new business into the organization in a timely manner.
LEAD AN ACCOUNTING TEAM: Recruit, train, supervise and evaluate department staff. Establish objectives and define results required for direct reports in support of the strategic business goals. Coach, inspire and enable staff to effectively perform and work with other departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related field.
- Certified Public Accounting (CPA) designation required.
- Minimum of seven years of progressively responsible finance and accounting experience, including experience managing company audits.
- Minimum of five years of management experience with a successful track record in attracting and retaining top talent and building a solid team.
- Expertise and experience managing corporate audits and assurance.
- Experience in mergers and acquisitions and successfully integrating newly acquired businesses.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, including advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, general ledger and accounting systems and advanced financial modeling skills. Experience and proficiency in Oracle E1 (JD Edwards) and/or Titan Precast Management System a plus.
- Must have solid financial model controls and data validation techniques.
- High level of accuracy.
- Outstanding attention to detail with a commitment to creating quality work products.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to build solid working relationships with people across the organization at all levels.
- The professional maturity and credibility to influence senior leaders and managers.
- Able to articulate and implement key lessons learned and identify improvement opportunities.
- Must be able to maintain high ethical, integrity and confidentiality standards.
Other Skills and Abilities
Location and Travel
This position will be based in the office in Maryland Heights, Missouri. However, the individual may work remotely periodically. This position will travel less than 20% of the time due mergers and acquisition work.
Ready to Apply?
If you are interested, qualified and ready to take the next step, apply on-line at getcollaborative.com/careers. All inquiries and resume submissions will be treated as strictly confidential. Please do not contact Fred Weber Inc. directly.
Collaborative Strategies, Inc. is a St. Louis-based consulting firm with a dedicated search practice and has been connecting talent with opportunity since 1994. We take pride in matching talented leaders seeking mission-critical endeavors with entrepreneurial organizations. For more information, visit us at www.getcollaborative.com. To view our job board, visit getcollaborative.com/careers.
| Equal Opportunity Employer |