Chief Financial Officer with Paramount Apparel International
Bourbon, Missouri /
Accounting/Finance – Paramount Apparel International /
Founded in 1929, Paramount Apparel International is based near St. Louis, Missouri and is one of the largest manufacturers of premium headwear, apparel, and accessories in the World. Paramount owns several brands, including Imperial Headwear, which is the #1 headwear brand in the golf market and sold at the U.S. Open, PGA Championship, Ryder Cup, Presidents Cup and many other PGA Tour events. Imperial’s products can be found at golf courses throughout the world including 98 of the Top 100 courses in the United States. Paramount also manufactures for and provides supply chain solutions for many well-known headwear and apparel brands. For further information please visit paifashion.com and Imperialsports.com.
PAi is seeking a transformational Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to play a key role in the overall leadership of the company and oversight of the company’s financial performance and strategic direction. A key aspect of this role includes accurate, timely and complete financial reporting and managing the financial audit. The financial results will be evaluated to develop and maintain a robust financial reporting process, including the development of near-term and long-term financial forecasts. Developing and maintaining good banking relationships to support the company’s strategy. Most importantly, this individual will partner and collaborate with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and the leadership team as it relates to financial analysis and scenario planning to drive all key business decisions. They will serve as a member of the executive team and as an integrated partner to all.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the CFO will:
BE A TRUE BUSINESS PARTNER – Work as a strategic partner with the CEO and the leadership team to drive and participate in all key financial and operational decisions, including preparing or directing preparation of financial analysis and scenario planning, addressing opportunities for growth while maintaining discipline in cost management, financial management, near and long-term forecasting and strategic planning and reporting. Work cross functionally to provide financial oversight and establish metrics to monitor financial performance. Proactively lead the detailed annual budgeting process, including working with all key functions across the company to develop reforecasts throughout the year and evaluate and communicate variances to plans.
ESTABLISH AND ANALYZE KEY PERFORMANCE DRIVERS - Refine and lead ongoing analysis of sales and margin, providing key data-driven insights to make informed decisions around expansion or changes. Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) and thoroughly analyze marketing and other expenditures to evaluate the return on investment. Oversee the development and analysis of financial predictive models and scorecards to evaluate performance and identify opportunities to improve performance and increase revenue/margins.
MAXIMIZE EFFICIENCIES AND IMPROVE PERFORMANCE – Champion a data driven culture by mining the data warehouse, looking at trends, understanding and communicating the story behind the data. Lead optimization of new and existing enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems, including upgrades and implementations of systems. Drive continuous improvement in areas such as expense management, financial analysis and reporting, system infrastructure, operations, and standardized business processes with an eye toward streamlining and improving business performance. Stay abreast of the latest and greatest technology and be proactive in anticipating needs and finding technology solutions that align with the company’s future goals and strategy. Work closely with all functions to reduce costs and improve performance company-wide.
PROVIDE ENTREPRENUERIAL FINANCIAL LEADERSHIP – Develop and grow a first-class financial department including financial reporting and the financial performance and accounting functions. Be capable of rolling up your sleeves if necessary and be very comfortable with all financial and accounting details. Instill a culture that emphasizes accountability and transparency among the finance team and builds a strong relationship with the executive team. Ensure complete and accurate financial reporting and maintain compliance with respect to taxes, insurance, and other regulatory requirements. Analyze and manage inventory and make recommendations for improvements to optimize inventory levels. Lead audits and tax preparation.
LEAD A HIGH-PERFORMING TEAM – Oversee the accounting, information technology and human resource functions. Lead, motivate, and develop staff. Inspire trust and credibility between team members as modeled through personal leadership. Grow and mentor existing bench strength with a focus on career pathing and creating developmental opportunities throughout the team member’s lifecycle. Promote the company’s culture by living the mission and values, conveying a high degree of emotional intelligence and by creating an atmosphere of open communication and personal accountability.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and/or Master’s in Business Administration a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive accounting and financial experience, including experience as a Chief Financial Officer or senior level finance position.
- Experience leading the implementation of a new ERP system.
- Strong computer skills including a proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications (especially Excel), enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems and other tools utilized for business performance. Experience analyzing and implementing new systems a plus.
- Proven track record of success in creating and maintaining a culture of accountability.
- Must excel in an entrepreneurial environment with an appreciation for corporate and family values.
- Proven experience in cultivating organizational change, creating buy-in for new initiatives and achieving results through market mastery and a data-driven approach.
- Solid strategic planning, organizational, and project management skills with the ability to multi-task, assimilate new information quickly and create long-term solutions.
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to manage and influence cross-functional teams.
- A collaborative, yet competitive and resilient attitude with a strong work ethic is desired.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport across the company while quickly and confidently gaining respect of others, including superior listening and coaching skills.
- Personable, approachable, and visible leadership style coupled with a sense of humor.
- Customer-service oriented with a high level of integrity and character.
Other Skills & Abilities include:
Location and Travel
While the office is located in Bourbon, Missouri, PAi, Inc. is promoting a hybrid work schedule and encourages executives and employees to work remotely a few days a week. Ability to travel 10% of the time to other offices.
Compensation for this position includes a base salary with bonus based on annual goals. PAi offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, vision, and a 401(k) plan.
Ready to Apply?
If you are interested, qualified and ready to take the next step, apply on-line at getcollaborative.com/careers. All inquiries and resume submissions will be treated as strictly confidential. Please do not contact PAi directly.
Collaborative Strategies, Inc. is a St. Louis-based consulting firm with a dedicated search practice and has been connecting talent with opportunity since 1994. We take pride in matching talented leaders seeking mission-critical endeavors with entrepreneurial organizations. Visit us to view all of our current opportunities and be sure to follow us on LinkedIn.
| Equal Opportunity Employer |