At Fable, we believe we must work to put the omnipresent mobile screen in service of our mental well-being. Our mission is to deliver the world’s best social experience with exceptional stories.
We’re looking for a QA Engineer to help us build the world’s best platform for social reading and exceptional stories.
What You’ll do
· Help in building next generation social platform centered around stories
· Plan, create, and execute tests for validating Fable’s Web, iOS and Android Applications
· Perform exploratory testing and assist in the identification and design of test automation
· Develop test plan by collaborating with the cross-functional team and identify tests for automation or automate them
· Create UI tests, monitor failures and report bugs
· Identify and triage defects found in manual and automated testing
· Design and implement test strategy to improve efficiency in manual testing
· Build and maintain systems to monitor test stability and report stability issues back to engineers
We are looking for
· Expert-level knowledge in building automation frameworks and writing reliable and maintainable automated tests
· 3+ years in developing and documenting test plan, test cases and reporting bugs for complex features
· Have worked on web/mobile platform and have a very good understanding of and ability to troubleshoot the testing ecosystem (plus points for mobile experience)
· Strong object-oriented programming experience
· Proficiency in Java/Kotlin or Swift for mobile platforms
· Familiarity with production CI environments, Docker containers is strongly desired
Please include in your application:
· 3 of your favorite books and tell us why you like them
Why you’ll love working at Fable
· Work on a purpose driven product
· We are a tech company with the soul of an artist
· We are an early stage start-up and as such a constant work in progress. So, to borrow from Douglas Adams, “Don’t Panic”
· Our culture is open and transparent
· We have no time for bureaucracy - We want leaders, not spectators
· Attending meetings is not a thing at Fable, so you will need to be resourceful, hands-on and solve problems
· We listen, understand, and consider before we judge
What does all this mean to you?
· You will be working with a group of diverse, creative people distributed geographically. We support each other in our curiosity and creativity
· We trust each other to set our own schedule and get things done. You can count on us to count on you, every single day
· Flexibility - you can be based out of any location within the U.S
· Competitive pay package & benefits
Fable brings the world stories to everyone. We deliver the world’s best social experiences with exceptional stories in service of mental wellness. Time is the new premium; and we all feel the stress of daily demands on our time. While we know that reading increases mental wellbeing, many consider it a burden. Fable’s experts combine design, curation and private social to make reading interactive and fun. Fable originals, discussion guides and summaries make reading easy and interesting. We select stories to suit your mood, time and interests. We help put your mobile screen in service of your mental wellness.
We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity at our company. We do not discriminate by race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are a gender-balanced team committed to diversity and an inclusive environment.