Director of Business Development
Business Development /
Getlabs provides safe and easy at-home lab appointments. Rather than needing to go to a laboratory and sit in a waiting room, patients just pick a time and we send a phlebotomist to draw their samples. Once collected, we deliver to top national laboratories including LabCorp and Quest Diagnostics.
Across healthcare, the stress and inconvenience of needing to go to medical facilities deters patients from following through with medical appointments. That is why Getlabs’ mission is to create the infrastructure and network for mobile care. We believe all patients - regardless of their means - deserve access to medical appointments from the convenience of their homes. Join us and let’s transform the healthcare experience to be delightful for patients.
Our team has extensive domain expertise in technology, operations, and phlebotomy with team members from Y Combinator, Uber, Sonder, Cisco Systems, LabCorp, and Quest Diagnostics. Getlabs is backed by prominent venture capital firms including PivotNorth, Liquid 2, Tusk, Rosecliff, and more.
Getlabs is currently seeking a Director of Business Development to lead the expansion of our partnership and enterprise sales efforts with the largest healthcare companies across the United States from national laboratories and telehealth services to regional health systems and payors.
This position will work to achieve strong revenue growth while working directly alongside our CEO and Operations teams to ensure strategic business development. You will play a critical role in our expansion and heavily influence the cities we launch, the development of our core product, and the direction of Getlabs.
- Excellent interpersonal, public presentation, written and communication skills
- Can develop and manage the smallest pilot opportunity all the way up to multi-million-dollar sales
- Comfortable forming relationships with and pitching to senior management, internal and external
- Deep experience with forecasting/pipeline management (process and methodology to accurately forecast)
- Excellent communicator — can motivate, support and lead staff
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- Strong strategic vision for how Getlabs can scale
- Great problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Ambition to grow professionally and mentor others
- Comfortable taking initiative and working under minimal supervision
- Drive revenue for Getlabs through prospecting, qualifying and closing new healthcare partners
- Drive expanded business with existing partners
- Drive monthly, quarterly, and yearly pipeline metrics to meet or exceed company goals
- Guide prospective customers on platform features and partnership value
- Lead the identification, evaluation, prioritization, negotiation, and maintenance of demand-generating business opportunities.
- Outreach for lead gen using: email, cold calling, LinkedIn, etc.
- Think creatively and conduct market research to identify new outreach opportunities
- Create and defend holistic analyses of opportunities including competitive landscapes, business models, financial models, and roadmap to scale
- Research the correct people to connect with, understand their needs and tailor a custom pitch to maximize partnership conversions
- Participate in product launch plans, marketing, promotions, and communications
- Work closely with Engineering and Operations to channel partner feedback and guide product management direction
- Efficiently manage workload with open communication, rapid turnaround, and high-quality output
Required Education and Experience
- Experience selling to healthcare executives at the top national healthcare companies
- A history of being the early partnership and sales leader in startups who have gone on to be large successes.
- 7+ years of direct partnerships and sales experience demonstrating consistent success in direct sales with a track record of escalating responsibilities in a business-to-business environment.
- Knows how to close personally and knows how to take those learnings in building a sales organization.
- 4 Year College degree or equivalent experience required.
- Must possess strong leadership, organization, sales presentation and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate a team to sell against competition while displaying a commitment to teamwork.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to drive for results, create accountability and set clear goals and expectations.
- Experience building a sales compensation plan to align with margin and revenue objectives
Getlabs is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or other protected classes