Go To Market /
Metronome is the leading usage-based billing platform built for modern software companies. With Metronome, companies can launch products faster, offer any pricing model, and streamline finance workflows without writing code.
Our platform computes millions of invoices per billing period and is scaling rapidly to accommodate new customers, saving them hours of development time and manual invoicing and enabling them to use consumption data to better serve their customers. Our customers love our product and approach, and we’re humbled to work with amazing companies like OpenAI, Databricks, and NVIDIA.
You'll be joining an experienced team that includes founders who have successfully built and sold startups before. Our founders and employees also have direct experience building and scaling teams through massive growth at companies like Dropbox, Clever, and New Relic. On the back of this experience and our success-to-date, we’ve raised over $78m from leading investors including NEA, Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, and Elad Gil. We’re also proud to have founders and executives of companies like Segment, Plaid, Looker, Gitlab, Confluent, HashiCorp, and Snowflake, as investors who have experienced the pain we're solving firsthand.
About the Role
As an early hire on Metronome’s Customer Growth team, you'll be a trusted partner to our customers as they navigate some of their most important business decisions (e.g. new product launches, major pricing shifts). While we pride ourselves on being customer-focused in every role, you'll be responsible for building a lasting relationship with our customers so they'll be our strongest advocates in the future.
Your work will be key for making our early customers successful, making sure that we're properly prioritizing resources across customer accounts, and ensuring that it's all set up to scale as we grow. This is your opportunity to come in on the ground floor and lay the foundation for a world-class Customer Growth team.
🤝 Manage and grow our customer relationships. Build confidence and credibility with customers' Engineering and Product leadership and keep deployments on track, particularly in critical periods during onboarding and following initial implementation. Catch changes in customer needs well before they happen, and help make sure Metronome can meet our customers' evolving requirements.
🏗️ Build, edit, and run processes and systems that will become the foundation for how we work with customers at Metronome. Work closely with Metronome's founders to understand and design the success metrics and milestones (both internal and external) for our deployments.
📢 Represent the voice of our customers at Metronome. Ensure that we have a tight product feedback loop and keep customers up-to-date on how we're making their lives better. Work closely with Engineering, Product, and Design to align the product roadmap against what our customers are asking for.
❓ Help with other issues not included in the above that would normally bubble up to founders. Generate first-generation solutions for problems we haven't anticipated.
- 5+ years of experience in a related post-sales function or customer engagement role
- Natural relationship builder who loves to spend time with customers
- High degree of ownership, paired with a strong ability to prioritize
- Communicate with a broad range of stakeholders, CEO/CTOs, product, engineering
- Ability to co-design architecture with product and engineering
- Ability to solve novel problems with scrappy solutions
- Technical aptitude to build credibility with and act as an advisor to CTOs/CPOs in matters of data, pricing, and billing
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Familiarity with Financial concepts or Pricing/Billing
- Experience in management consulting or enterprise SaaS company
- Experience working with customers as a founder or early hire at a software company
- Experience building early customer-oriented teams and process at an enterprise startup
- Experience with logs, metrics, billing, finance, or other infrastructure or financial tooling and concepts
Compensation & Benefits
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage, including a One Medical membership
- FSA (Flexible spending account)
- Flexible time off
- Employee assistance program (mental health benefits)
- Culture where personal growth is highly valued
Metronome offers salaries that are highly competitive with other early stage Bay Area startups and significant equity compensation (we want you to feel like an owner). More importantly, we’re committed to equitable compensation practices across the board. If you’d like to learn more about our philosophy or about why we’re all billing nerds, shoot us a message. We’d love to talk!
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.