San Francisco /
Go To Market /
Metronome is building a new real-time source of truth for business data, starting with powering the software industry's transition to usage-based business models.
Product and engineering teams are already successfully launching new usage-based product offerings with Metronome. Our platform enables companies to move more quickly without having to invest in costly teams of platform services and billing engineers. Our customers love our product and approach: we're already signing multi-year deals despite being pre-launch, and we partner directly with Engineering and Product execs on their most important business priorities.
You'll be joining an experienced team that includes founders who have successfully built and sold startups before. We've raised over $35mm from top-tier investors like Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, and Elad Gil, as well as founders and execs of companies like Segment, Plaid, Looker, Gitlab, Confluent, HashiCorp, Snowflake, and Databricks who have experienced the pain we're solving first hand.
About the role
As an early Sales hire at Metronome, you'll help develop our GTM strategy and close key customer accounts in close partnership with our CEO. You'll take advantage of a huge head start: we're the leading company in a new market that's expanding insanely quickly. Metronome has no true alternative in the market today, and we consistently beat legacy competitors in head-to-head evaluations.
You'll be selling a product that's proven itself with strong product-market fit and sales traction, but you'll also have a unique green field opportunity as the first salesperson at Metronome to build upon that early success.
🚀 Be the spearhead for Metronome in the market. Leave no stone unturned while building a strong sales pipeline.
🏁 Own customer relationships and shepherd deals through the sales cycle to close. You'll help us navigate complex multi-party sales and win trust through consultative sales conversations with top Product, Engineering, Finance, and Operations executives.
🛠️ Educate our customers as an advisor to their monetization efforts. Become an expert on our product and software monetization.
🧭 Partner with our Growth and Product teams to help drive our product roadmap. As our primary conduit to buyers, you'll help us gather and prioritize feedback from prospective customers.
- 3+ years of closing experience working with customers, ideally with a SaaS product
- Proven success in pipeline development and quota attainment
- Familiarity selling to early-to-late stage tech companies
- Ability to learn and communicate technical concepts to technical stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong personal drive and ability to self-manage and organize your time
- Experience with sales as a founder or early salesperson at a startup
- Technical degree, work experience as a software engineer, or other technical skills
- Experience with logs, metrics, billing, finance, or other infrastructure or financial tooling and concepts
- Experience selling to technical buyers in Engineering and Product organizations
Compensation & Benefits
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage, including a One Medical membership
- FSA (Flexible spending account)
- Flexible time off
- Employee assistance program (mental health benefits)
- Culture where personal growth is highly valued
Metronome offers salaries that are highly competitive with other early stage Bay Area startups and significant equity compensation (we want you to feel like an owner). More importantly, we’re committed to equitable compensation practices across the board. If you’d like to learn more about us or about why we’re all billing nerds, shoot us a message. We’d love to talk!
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.