Remote friendly /
Metronome is the leading usage-based billing platform built for modern software companies. With Metronome, companies can launch products faster, offer any pricing model, and streamline finance workflows without writing code.
Our platform computes millions of invoices per billing period and is scaling rapidly to accommodate new customers, saving them hours of development time and manual invoicing and enabling them to use consumption data to better serve their customers. Our customers love our product and approach, and we’re humbled to work with amazing companies like OpenAI, Databricks, and NVIDIA.
You'll be joining an experienced team that includes founders who have successfully built and sold startups before. Our founders and employees also have direct experience building and scaling teams through massive growth at companies like Dropbox, Clever, and New Relic. On the back of this experience and our success-to-date, we’ve raised over $78m from leading investors including NEA, Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, and Elad Gil. We’re also proud to have founders and executives of companies like Segment, Plaid, Looker, Gitlab, Confluent, HashiCorp, and Snowflake, as investors who have experienced the pain we're solving firsthand.
About the Role
Metronome is building a high-volume data collection and processing system to support usage-based billing functionality. We ingest tens of billions of events per month that represent our customers' product usage data (also known as metering data) to then calculate revenue on a monthly basis. A key part of our product strategy is to make Metronome a connected system that streams out data to our users' ecosystem, including data warehouses, business systems, and BI tools.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager who has a solid track record of developing and nurturing high-performing product engineering teams. The ideal candidate will be capable of understanding the technical details and being hands-on to shape the engineering team’s roadmap. You know how to support engineers at all stages of their career and are motivated to help them do their best work.
- 4+ years of engineering management experience. You have managed product-focused teams with senior engineers.
- 5+ years of technical experience in a product company. You’ve previously been in a highly-technical role and understand what it takes to be a great software engineer.
- Demonstrated experience and background in partnering with recruiting, making hiring decisions, closing hires, and building a diverse and inclusive team. We believe strongly that hiring is the responsibility of engineering management, and you should be able to demonstrate attracting, closing, and retaining engineers at multiple levels.
- A high level of organization and the ability to manage multiple projects from initial stages through delivery and production support
- You are comfortable with empathetic and direct communication, particularly when giving and receiving feedback
- Own execution of roadmap for your team by developing a predictable cadence of shipping
- Support and develop a team of 6+ engineers through feedback and coaching, setting context and expectations, and eliminating barriers to execution
- Partner with engineers and product managers to set priorities, milestones and deliverables for the team
- Mentor and grow team members
- Lead the effort to attract, recruit, and retain top engineering talent
Compensation & Benefits
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage, including a One Medical membership
- FSA (Flexible spending account)
- Flexible time off
- Employee assistance program (mental health benefits)
- Culture where personal growth is highly valued
Metronome offers salaries that are highly competitive with other early stage Bay Area startups and significant equity compensation (we want you to feel like an owner). More importantly, we’re committed to equitable compensation practices across the board. If you’d like to learn more about our philosophy or about why we’re all billing nerds, shoot us a message. We’d love to talk!
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.