Metronome is building a new real-time source of truth for business data, starting with powering the software industry's transition to usage-based business models.
Our platform computes millions of invoices per billing period and is scaling rapidly to accommodate new customers, saving them hours of development time and manual invoicing and enabling them to use consumption data to better serve their customers. Our customers love our product and approach, and we’re humbled to work with amazing companies like OpenAI, Cockroach Labs and mParticle.
You'll be joining an experienced team that includes founders who have successfully built and sold startups before. Our founders and employees also have direct experience building and scaling teams through massive growth at companies like Dropbox, Clever, and New Relic. On the back of this experience and our success-to-date, we’ve raised over $35m from leading investors including Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, and Elad Gil. We’re also proud to have founders and executives of companies like Segment, Plaid, Looker, Gitlab, Confluent, HashiCorp, Snowflake, and Databricks as investors who have experienced the pain we're solving firsthand.
About the Role
As a founding member of our technical support organization, you will be on the front lines providing world-class customer service. As part of our engineering organization, you will become an expert on our product and partner closely with Metronome's engineers, customer success team, and our customers' developers.
Your primary responsibilities will include communicating with developers, debugging issues, creating and improving our internal tools. Since we view every support escalation as an opportunity to learn, both as individuals and as a company, you will play a critical role in providing feedback and influencing our product roadmap.
- 3+ years of work experience in a highly technical support organization or in engineering
- Experience writing scripts or internal tools using APIs, and functional knowledge of SQL
- Familiarity programming in one of Typescript, Python, or Ruby
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A mindset of customer empathy and ability to solve challenging problems
- You have worked on modern enterprise software which is business critical
- Experience with internal tools platform such as ****Airplane or Retool
Nice to Have:
Examples of Tasks You Might Work On
- Provide technical guidance to customers’ developers on best practices for integrating with our APIs and utilizing our functionality
- Troubleshoot any issues that arise from customers and diagnose any blockers. Escalate issues with customer context to the engineering team
- Develop internal tools to automate customer workflows that are currently unavailable in our product. Provide feedback on recurring patterns and advocate for addressing feature gaps in the product.
- Design and assist in implementing a comprehensive knowledge base to assist customers with using our product
Impact You'll Have
- Through your interactions with individual customers, you will help improve our product for everyone.
- Your work will play a crucial role in ensuring our customers' success and the continued effectiveness of their integration with Metronome.
- The Metronome team is more well-rounded because you bring your unique personality to work and help create an inclusive fun environment focused on helping our customers get the most value out of Metronome.
We don't filter based on current expertise, so at Metronome you will learn
- AWS (S3, RDS, API Gateway, ECS, Fargate, Lambda, MKS, and more!)
- Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Serverless Framework)
- Languages (Python, Typescript, Java - for working with Kafka)
- Frontend Tools and Frameworks (React, Apollo GraphQL, Webpack, React Testing Library)
- CI/CD (AWS CodePipeline & CodeDeploy, CircleCI)
Compensation & Benefits
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage, including a One Medical membership
- FSA (Flexible spending account)
- Flexible time off
- Employee assistance program (mental health benefits)
- Culture where personal growth is highly valued
Metronome offers salaries that are highly competitive with other early stage Bay Area startups and significant equity compensation (we want you to feel like an owner). More importantly, we’re committed to equitable compensation practices across the board. If you’d like to learn more about our philosophy or about why we’re all billing nerds, shoot us a message. We’d love to talk!
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.