Staff Product Designer
Metronome is the leading usage-based billing platform built for modern software companies. With Metronome, companies can launch products faster, offer any pricing model, and streamline finance workflows without writing code.
Our platform computes millions of invoices per billing period and is scaling rapidly to accommodate new customers, saving them hours of development time and manual invoicing and enabling them to use consumption data to better serve their customers. Our customers love our product and approach, and we’re humbled to work with amazing companies like OpenAI, Databricks, and NVIDIA.
You'll be joining an experienced team that includes founders who have successfully built and sold startups before. Our founders and employees also have direct experience building and scaling teams through massive growth at companies like Dropbox, Clever, and New Relic. On the back of this experience and our success-to-date, we’ve raised over $78m from leading investors including NEA, Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, and Elad Gil. We’re also proud to have founders and executives of companies like Segment, Plaid, Looker, Gitlab, Confluent, HashiCorp, and Snowflake, as investors who have experienced the pain we're solving firsthand.
About The Role
Metronome is building a new real-time source of truth for business data, starting with powering the software industry's transition to usage-based business models.
As a Principal Product Designer at Metronome, you’ll set our internal design bar, helping set design strategy, and partner with engineering and product to drive our product strategy forward. You’ll act as both an IC and act as a mentor on the design team as it grows. You’ll be a part of a foundational design team responsible for both shipping impactful design projects and simultaneously setting the standard for all design at Metronome.
- You have 8+ years of experience in digital product design, ideally with high-ownership projects
- Your portfolio includes a proven track record of shipping design work in web applications
- You are an excellent visual and written communicator, able to clearly communicate your design work and the support for your design decisions
- You have experience with advanced modern-day UX/UI tools (e.g. Figma, Sketch)
- You understand systems thinking and component-based design patterns
- You’ve worked on 0-1 products and are familiar with full stack design process (research, iteration + testing etc)
- You are passionate about collaboration and encourage diverse perspectives across your team to participate in your design process
- You want to work in an iterative, high-growth collaborative environment
Compensation & Benefits
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage, including a One Medical membership
- FSA (Flexible spending account)
- Flexible time off
- Employee assistance program (mental health benefits)
- Culture where personal growth is highly valued
Metronome offers salaries that are highly competitive with other early stage Bay Area startups and significant equity compensation (we want you to feel like an owner). More importantly, we’re committed to equitable compensation practices across the board. If you’d like to learn more about our philosophy or about why we’re all billing nerds, shoot us a message. We’d love to talk!
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.