Remote friendly /
Metronome is the leading usage-based billing platform built for modern software companies. With Metronome, companies can launch products faster, offer any pricing model, and streamline finance workflows without writing code.
Our platform computes millions of invoices per billing period and is scaling rapidly to accommodate new customers, saving them hours of development time and manual invoicing and enabling them to use consumption data to better serve their customers. Our customers love our product and approach, and we’re humbled to work with amazing companies like OpenAI, Databricks, and NVIDIA.
You'll be joining an experienced team that includes founders who have successfully built and sold startups before. Our founders and employees also have direct experience building and scaling teams through massive growth at companies like Dropbox, Clever, and New Relic. On the back of this experience and our success-to-date, we’ve raised over $78m from leading investors including NEA, Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, and Elad Gil. We’re also proud to have founders and executives of companies like Segment, Plaid, Looker, Gitlab, Confluent, HashiCorp, and Snowflake, as investors who have experienced the pain we're solving firsthand.
About the Role
This role is targeted at product managers with enterprise experience. Our sales cycle, GTM and customer feedback loops involve spending hours a week with customers, which means that we need product managers who are adept at navigating the complex dynamics between customer feedback, product strategy, and internal resourcing constraints.
😍 Understand and delight customers. Spend hours a week with customers. Understand billing problems better than seasoned finance pros. Ensure that customers trust and love Metronome.
🗣️ Inform product strategy. Work directly with the co-founders to articulate a strategy that balances short-term customer needs, long-term strategic opportunities, and ecosystem-wide trends in the market.
🧠 Pick the right problems. Identify the key problems Metronome needs to be solving by understanding the market, our unique strengths, and the technical opportunities afforded by our product. Work with engineering and design to ensure we're never wasting time pursuing boondoggles.
📈 Prioritize impactful features. Understand which features actually matter to our users, and solve them in a way that generates the impact without taking years to ship.
⚓ Ship features efficiently. Work directly with engineering and design so that product features make their way through the product development pipeline as quickly and safely as possible.
👔 Tie the room together. Product is the heart of Metronome. You'll spend lots of time working with internal members of our sales and marketing teams to ensure they always know the state of the product and how to message features to customers.
- 4+ years of enterprise product management experience.
- Logical thinker with an ability to think from first principles as necessary
- High degree of ownership, paired with a strong ability to prioritize
- Ability to work directly with customers on a daily basis
- CS or other technical degree, or work experience as a software engineer
Impact You'll Make
- Product processes. It's abundantly clear to all personnel how to take an idea and turn it into a shipped feature. Features move quickly through the product development pipeline.
- World class product. The product fits like a glove to new customers with minimal custom configuration. The product strikes the right balance between automation and manual-control. Our billing platform lets businesses bill in exactly the ways they want to.
- Customer feedback. You can point to features in the product that originated from specific customers. Customers feel confident that they can come to you with new problems and Metronome will deliver great solutions, efficiently.
- Product roadmap. Customers and internal staff always understand what is coming down the product pike, and the roadmap seamlessly updates as the company changes course.
- Customer delight. Customers know your face and light up when you enter the room. You are the person who makes their lives easier and enables them to spend less time thinking about billing.
- Company culture: Product, engineering and design are locked onto the same problems at all times. The team can't imagine how they could ever have functioned before you arrived.
- Experience with hypergrowth as an early product hire at a successful B2B startup
- Experience building a high performing Product team
- Experience with logs, metrics, billing, finance, or other infrastructure or financial tooling and concepts
Compensation & Benefits
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage, including a One Medical membership
- FSA (Flexible spending account)
- Flexible time off
- Employee assistance program (mental health benefits)
- Culture where personal growth is highly valued
Metronome offers salaries that are highly competitive with other early stage Bay Area startups and significant equity compensation (we want you to feel like an owner). More importantly, we’re committed to equitable compensation practices across the board. If you’d like to learn more about our philosophy or about why we’re all billing nerds, shoot us a message. We’d love to talk!
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.