Software Developer (Mysa App)
St. John's, NL /
Mysa – Software /
Have you been searching for your dream job with a company that ignites your passion, fuels your motivation, and nurtures your need to succeed?
Say hello to the Mysa team!
The grass really is greener over here. Why? Most importantly, we’ve built a company that’s based on a people-first culture. We encourage (like, really encourage) work-life flexibility, and we’re all about employee recognition. We believe that we do exceptional work when we’re encouraged to play and we’re proud that our team members brag about their jobs to their friends. Of course there’s lots of perks too!
We’re looking for a highly motivated Software Developer to join our Mysa App team - With thousands of customers and connected devices interacting with our cloud service, the job will involve developing highly scalable and reliable software. Our infrastructure is built on Amazon Web Services, and you will be working heavily with services such as DynamoDB and Lambda.
What You Will Do
- Work with cutting edge technology to develop new solutions
- Work closely with other software developers, as well as the hardware design and development teams, to ensure our entire technical ecosystem interoperates smoothly
- Help improve our software development processes
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology and products
- Work towards the achievement of the company vision statement
Who You Are
- Diploma/Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field combined with software development training
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant software development or web development work experience
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS preferred)
- Experience with Git and Jira
- Analytical thinker, with a creative mind, and an adaptable nature
- Ability to work well on your own, or as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly present solutions, while efficiently multi-tasking various priorities
Since entering the market in 2018, Mysa Smart Thermostats have been warmly welcomed into customers’ homes, earning thousands of 5-star reviews.
Our mission is to fight climate change. As the premier smart thermostat for high-voltage electric baseboard heating, Mysa creates thoughtful, innovative technology designed to help homeowners across North America save money by using energy more efficiently. To help us build a greener, more sustainable future, we’re expanding our product lines rapidly across various markets, while fostering a unique company culture that brings out the best in our team.
What’s in it for you?
- A rewarding career path that helps you learn, grow, and showcase your talent
- An environment in which you are recognized and appreciated for what you do
- Unlimited paid vacation (Yep. Unlimited. Paid. Vacation (within reason, of course!)
- Flexible environment (work from home, a coffee shop, or a blanket fort - wherever you’re most comfortable)
- Flexible hours (no set ‘office hours’— you work 40 hours per week and meet your role requirements)
- Training and Development Allowance Program
- Health and Wellness Allowance Program
- Competitive salary structure
- Annual salary increases
- Employee Stock Option Purchase Plan
- Comprehensive Group Health, Dental and Vision Benefit Plan
- Employer-matched RRSPs
Feeling intrigued? Enticed? Here are some extra perks:
- Modern, open, fun office environment (we work hard, but we’re not scared of a good time)
- Dynamic downtown location with free parking
- Fun, quarterly team-building events
- New pair of high-quality sound reducing headphones
- Credit towards a smart home product purchase and a free Mysa Thermostat for your home
- Innovative workflow software and technology (we’re major Slackers — internal communications have never been more awesome)
Simply put, we know that people are the heart of our business and we appreciate your unique qualities and diverse experiences. If this opportunity sounds amazing and you feel that you’re a great fit for most of the listed criteria, you should apply — we value individual abilities over a profile on paper.
Mysa is an equal opportunity employer focused on promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We value diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us all different. Your application to this posting is deemed to be consent to the collection, use, and necessary disclosure of personal information to facilitate our recruitment process. We respect the confidentiality and privacy of all of our applicants.
Thanks for thinking about making Mysa your work home. We look forward to getting to know you.