St. John's, NL /
Mysa – Growth /
Say hello to the Mysa team!
The grass really is greener over here. Why? Most importantly, we’ve built a company that’s based on a people-first culture. We encourage (like, really encourage) work-life flexibility, and we’re all about employee recognition. We believe that we do exceptional work when we’re encouraged to play and we’re proud that our team members brag about their jobs to their friends. Of course there’s lots of perks too!
We are looking for a Planning Analyst to join our Commercial Planning team in St. John’s, NL. The successful candidate will work with large amounts of data to detect patterns and trends that will provide valuable insights and recommendations to support our business. This position is all about planning, modeling and forecasting to support cross-functional decision making.
What You Will Do:
- Maintain the Master Forecast model including, but not limited to, updating actuals and identifying trends to assist in reforecasting;
- Track department budget spending alongside forecast;
- Maintain the revenue buildup file and adjust as needed when new information becomes available and/or decisions are made;
- Assist the operations and finance teams in monthly reporting;
- Create and maintain quality assurance in models;
- Provide data to marketing, finance, and operations teams in order to calculate metrics, report financials, and inform inventory decisions;
- Support continuous improvement of planning processes through gathering feedback from teams and understanding their needs;
- Provide analysis on promotions or other channel sales performance;
- Other ad hoc requests as needed.
Who You Are:
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s Degree, a focus in Finance would be a definite plus;
- 1-5 years experience in a similar industry position is preferred;
- Exceptional analytical and data analysis skills paired with boundless curiosity;
- Expert in Excel and setting up reporting templates;
- You have the ambition and drive to produce great results internally with an ability to communicate effectively at the executive level;
- You are not afraid to get in the weeds, but still able to see the 30,000-foot view;
- You are a highly motivated, driven and self-starting individual with a positive attitude;
- You thrive in a fast paced team environment, and have excellent time management and organizational skills;
- You are a self-motivated team player with a strong desire to learn new technologies and methods and always push the envelope to drive success.
Since entering the market in 2018, Mysa Smart Thermostats have been warmly welcomed into customers’ homes, earning thousands of 5-star reviews.
Our mission is to fight climate change! As the premier Canadian-designed smart thermostats for heating and cooling, Mysa creates thoughtful, innovative technology to help our family of customers across North America stay comfortable and save money by using home energy more efficiently. To help us build a greener, more sustainable future, we’re creating an ecosystem of energy-saving smart thermostats and fostering a unique, people-first company culture that brings out the very best in our team.
What’s in it for you?
- A rewarding career path that helps you learn, grow, and showcase your talent
- An environment in which you are recognized and appreciated for what you do
- Unlimited paid vacation (Yep. Unlimited. Paid. Vacation (within reason, of course!)
- Flexible environment (work from a coffee shop, a blanket fort, or your home - wherever you’re most comfortable)
- Flexible hours (no set ‘office hours’— you work 40 hours per week and meet your role requirements)
- Training and Development Allowance Program
- Health and Wellness Allowance Program
- Competitive salary structure
- Annual salary increases
- Employee Stock Option Purchase Plan
- Comprehensive Group Health, Dental and Vision Benefit Plan
- Employer-matched RRSPs
- Maternity & Parental Leave Top-Up Program
Feeling intrigued? Enticed? Here are some extra perks:
- Modern, open, fun office environment (we work hard, but we’re not scared of a good time)
- Dynamic downtown location with free parking
- Fun, quarterly team-building events
- New pair of high-quality noise reducing headphones
- Innovative workflow software and technology (we’re major Slackers — internal communications have never been more awesome)
Simply put, we know that people are the heart of our business and we appreciate your unique qualities and diverse experiences. If this opportunity sounds amazing and you feel that you’re a great fit for most of the listed criteria, you should apply — we value individual abilities over a profile on paper.
Mysa is an equal opportunity employer focused on promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We value diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us all different. Your application to this posting is deemed to be consent to the collection, use, and necessary disclosure of personal information to facilitate our recruitment process. We respect the confidentiality and privacy of all of our applicants.
Thanks for thinking about making Mysa your work home. We look forward to getting to know you.