St. John's, NL /
Mysa – Operations /
Say hello to the Mysa team!
The grass really is greener over here. Why? Most importantly, we’ve built a company that’s based on a people-first culture. We encourage (like, really encourage) work-life flexibility, and we’re all about employee recognition. We believe that we do exceptional work when we’re encouraged to play and we’re proud that our team members brag about their jobs to their friends. Of course there’s lots of perks too!
We are looking for a Freight Forwarder to join our Operations team in St. John’s, NL! This position will help connect the upstream activities of purchasing and manufacturing to the downstream activities of sales and product demand. Knowing the most efficient method of shipping inventory and understanding the requirements of international customs and regulations is crucial to Mysa’s success. We are expanding our product lines and geographical areas of interest and need an innovative hard working team player to join the operations team.
What You Will Do:
- Track and monitor manufacturing start and completion dates for all product lines and purchase orders
- Arrange for 3rd party quality inspections of all manufactured goods
- Arrange freight forwarding of all inspected goods
- Track and monitor shipping routes & details of each shipment
- Provide regular communication and shipment status updates for internal and external planning purposes
- Administer requirements in CARM and monitor for customs updates
- Record and attest invoices for freight forwarding, insurance, entry fee, and customs clearance charges
- Monitor invoice details for month end reconciliation
- Participate in cost savings initiatives and seek to improve procedures providing recommendations for overall efficiency
- Point of contact with third party customs brokers
Who You Are:
- Completion of Post-Secondary Education
- Minimum of 10 years freight forwarding experience (shipment tracking, tariffs, customs clearance, Incoterms)
- Experienced in Customs requirements and tariff determinations
- Relationship built with global freight forwarders and customs brokers
- General supply chain experience (purchasing, contracts, expediting, forecasting) would be an asset
- Experience with CARM would be an asset
- Familiarity in NetSuite would be an asset
- Proficient with computers and other standard office technology (specifically excel and/or google sheets)
- Superior organizational and communication skills
- Detailed orientated with the ability to balance multiple coinciding tasks
Since entering the market in 2018, Mysa Smart Thermostats have been warmly welcomed into customers’ homes, earning thousands of 5-star reviews.
Our mission is to fight climate change! As the premier Canadian-designed smart thermostats for heating and cooling, Mysa creates thoughtful, innovative technology to help our family of customers across North America stay comfortable and save money by using home energy more efficiently. To help us build a greener, more sustainable future, we’re creating an ecosystem of energy-saving smart thermostats and fostering a unique, people-first company culture that brings out the very best in our team.
What’s in it for you?
- A rewarding career path that helps you learn, grow, and showcase your talent
- An environment in which you are recognized and appreciated for what you do
- Unlimited paid vacation (Yep. Unlimited. Paid. Vacation (within reason, of course!)
- Flexible environment (work from a coffee shop, a blanket fort, or your home - wherever you’re most comfortable)
- Flexible hours (no set ‘office hours’— you work 40 hours per week and meet your role requirements)
- Training and Development Allowance Program
- Health and Wellness Allowance Program
- Competitive salary structure
- Annual salary increases
- Employee Stock Option Purchase Plan
- Comprehensive Group Health, Dental and Vision Benefit Plan
- Employer-matched RRSPs
- Maternity & Parental Leave Top-Up Program
Feeling intrigued? Enticed? Here are some extra perks:
- Modern, open, fun office environment (we work hard, but we’re not scared of a good time)
- Dynamic downtown location with free parking
- Fun, quarterly team-building events
- New pair of high-quality noise reducing headphones
- Innovative workflow software and technology (we’re major Slackers — internal communications have never been more awesome)
Simply put, we know that people are the heart of our business and we appreciate your unique qualities and diverse experiences. If this opportunity sounds amazing and you feel that you’re a great fit for most of the listed criteria, you should apply — we value individual abilities over a profile on paper.
Mysa is an equal opportunity employer focused on promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We value diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us all different. Your application to this posting is deemed to be consent to the collection, use, and necessary disclosure of personal information to facilitate our recruitment process. We respect the confidentiality and privacy of all of our applicants.
Thanks for thinking about making Mysa your work home. We look forward to getting to know you.