Remote Software Developer
Mysa – Software
Mysa has a progressive company culture that embraces both work-life balance and remote work. The silver lining of the COVID-19 pandemic, if we are to look for one, is that we've been positioned from a company-wide perspective to learn exactly what it takes to successfully manage a remote team - and, we're very proud of what we've achieved. With our core values at heart, we have an in-depth understanding of how imperative it is that all of our people, no matter where they are located, experience our culture and family-like environment in the same manner. We also appreciate that the key to successful remote work is a foundation built upon effective communication, team-based collaboration, and access to all of the right tools. At Mysa, regardless of your location, you will be positioned for success.
We’re looking for a highly motivated Software Developer to join our team remotely - where you’ll help to design and build mobile applications and backend infrastructure, for our smart home products. With thousands of customers and connected devices interacting with our cloud service, the job will involve developing highly scalable and reliable software. Our infrastructure is built on Amazon Web Services, and you will be working heavily with services such as DynamoDB and Lambda.
What You Will Do:
- Work with cutting edge technology to develop new solutions
- Collaborate with our UI/UX and visual designers to craft the best user experience
- Work closely with other software developers, as well as the hardware design and development teams, to ensure our entire technical ecosystem interoperates smoothly
- Help improve our software development processes
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology and products
- Work towards the achievement of the company vision statement
Who You Are:
- Diploma/Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field combined with software development training
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant software development or web development work experience
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS preferred)
- Experience with Git and JiraAble to work comfortably in either a Windows, Linux or Mac development environment
- Analytical thinker, with a creative mind, and an adaptable nature
- Ability to work well on your own, or as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly present solutions, while efficiently multi-tasking various priorities
Our mission is to fight climate change. Mysa, the first smart thermostat for high voltage electric baseboard heating, has been saving energy usage, and costs, for homeowners across North America. Through innovative technology, driving energy efficiency and conservation, our products are designed to help the world become more environmentally friendly and sustainable. Our desire is to rapidly expand our product line across various markets, while building a work environment and culture that brings out the best in our people.
What we have to offer you:
- A rewarding career path where you can sharpen your skills and showcase your talent
- An environment where you are recognized and appreciated for your work and effort
- Flexible environment (Work from home or a coffee shop as you see fit)
- Flexible hours (No set “office hours”; You work 40 hrs/wk, and meet your role requirements)
- Competitive all-inclusive hourly rates
- Innovative software and technology (Slack is our internal communication tool - need we say more?)
At Mysa, we believe people are the heart of our business – and we appreciate each individual’s unique qualities and diverse experiences. So, if this role sounds exciting to you, and you fit most of the criteria, do not hesitate to apply - we value individual abilities over a profile on paper.