Email Marketing Specialist
Mysa – Marketing /
Mysa has a progressive company culture that embraces both work-life balance and remote work. With our core values at heart, we have an in-depth understanding of how imperative it is that all of our people, no matter where they are located, experience our culture and family-like environment in the same manner. We also appreciate that the key to successful remote work is a foundation built upon effective communication, team-based collaboration, and access to all of the right tools. At Mysa, regardless of your location, you will be positioned for success.
Say hello to the Mysa team! The grass really is greener over here. Why? Most importantly, we’ve built a company that’s based on a people-first culture. We encourage (like, really encourage) work-life flexibility, and we’re all about employee recognition. We believe that we do exceptional work when we’re encouraged to play and we’re proud that our team members brag about their jobs to their friends. Of course there’s lots of perks too!
We are looking for an Email Marketing Specialist to join our E-Commerce team in St. John’s, NL or remote! The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for overseeing all email and SMS marketing functions. This position is all about gathering data, strategizing based on metrics, and implementing an approach that yields the best results.
What You Will Do:
- Develop and distribute all sales emails, automated nurture campaigns, and SMS campaigns, ensuring execution across devices and platforms;
- Identify, implement, and optimize lead generation efforts to grow Mysa’s subscriber list;
- Organize email content and templates;
- Develop wireframes and suggested copy for email and SMS campaigns to aid the creative team;
- Develop and maintain an email marketing calendar which includes a sales calendar and conversion flows;
- Improve Mysa’s email strategy based on customer feedback;
- Track and analyze the performance of our core email/SMS activities using KPIs and analytics in order to drive performance, relaying actionable insights back to the rest of the team on a weekly and monthly basis;
- Provide strategic direction on email and SMS marketing opportunities based on our tech stack’s capabilities and the insights derived from data and past campaigns;
- Develop Mysa’s SMS strategy and oversee its implementation and optimization;
- Develop automated data cleanup campaigns that focus on improving engagement, user segmentation and personalization;
- Document processes and ensure regular updates happen as processes evolve.
Who You Are:
- Experience in a similar role within a marketing team;
- Knowledge of CASL/GDPR regulations as they relate to email marketing and lead generation;
- Strong team player with a collaborative approach that allows you to explore the best opportunities and develop superior content;
- A solid understanding of the current e-commerce landscape, especially the role email continues to play in the market;
- You love staying up to date on the latest trends and changes in the email landscape, understanding and identifying the challenges and opportunities that arise therein;
- A great technical understanding of email marketing platforms, HTML, and email design best practices.
Since entering the market in 2018, Mysa Smart Thermostats have been warmly welcomed into customers’ homes, earning thousands of 5-star reviews.
Our mission is to fight climate change! As the premier Canadian-designed smart thermostats for heating and cooling, Mysa creates thoughtful, innovative technology to help our family of customers across North America stay comfortable and save money by using home energy more efficiently. To help us build a greener, more sustainable future, we’re creating an ecosystem of energy-saving smart thermostats and fostering a unique, people-first company culture that brings out the very best in our team.
What we have to offer you:
- A rewarding career path where you can sharpen your skills and showcase your talent
- An environment where you are recognized and appreciated for your work and effort
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (Yes. Unlimited paid vacation - within reason of course!)
- Flexible environment (Work from home or a coffee shop as you see fit)
- Flexible hours (No set “office hours”; You work 40 hrs/wk, and meet your role requirements)
- Training & Development Allowance Program
- Health & Wellness Allowance ProgramCompetitive salary
- Annual salary increases Employee Stock Option Purchase Plan
- Comprehensive Group Health, Dental & Vision Benefit Plan
- Employer Matching Group RRSP Program
- Maternity & Parental Leave Top-Up Program
- Quarterly team building initiatives
- Allowance for a new pair of high quality sound reducing headphones
- Credit towards a smart home product purchase and a free Mysa Thermostat for your home
At Mysa, we believe people are the heart of our business – and we appreciate each individual’s unique qualities and diverse experiences. So, if this role sounds exciting to you, and you fit most of the criteria, do not hesitate to apply - we value individual abilities over a profile on paper.