Head of Quality Assurance
St. John's, NL /
Mysa – Quality /
Say hello to the Mysa team!
The grass really is greener over here. Why? Most importantly, we’ve built a company that’s based on a people-first culture. We encourage (like, really encourage) work-life flexibility, and we’re all about employee recognition. We believe that we do exceptional work when we’re encouraged to play and we’re proud that our team members brag about their jobs to their friends. Of course there’s lots of perks too!
Mysa is seeking a highly motivated Head of Quality Assurance to lead a team of diverse QA individuals. In this role you will be responsible for defining goals within your team as well as driving your team to meet common goals across the company. The ultimate goal is to deliver an extraordinary customer experience spanning hardware, software, manufacturing, and supply chain.
What You Will Do:
- Responsible for defining QA strategy, approach and execution in development and ongoing projects.
- Ensuring that the development teams adhere to the principles, guidelines and best practices of the QA strategy as defined.
- Building and maintenance of quality standards as well as enforcing technical and testing standards.
- Monitoring of all the QA activities, test results, leaked defects, root cause analysis and identifying areas of improvement. Implement steps required to improve the processes.
- Be an escalation point for all matters related to testing and quality assurance, and operate as a primary point of contact for the QA teams.
- Participate in interviews, onboarding, training and performance evaluation of the QA team.
Who You Are:
- 10 years or more of demonstrated experience in a related technical field
- Software QA experience is not required but would be considered an asset
- Experience with building quality standards and knowledge of QA methodologies
- Proven track record of success in managing individual contributors and managers in a QA environment
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results through people and across an organization, forming relationships, collaborating with and influencing cross-functional teams
- Experience implementing closed-loop quality feedback systems
- Solution focused work ethic with a high degree of flexibility supporting multiple projects of varying complexity and priority
- High level of personal and professional integrity
- Demonstrated quality improvements through use of structured problem solving
Since entering the market in 2018, Mysa Smart Thermostats have been warmly welcomed into customers’ homes, earning thousands of 5-star reviews.
Our mission is to fight climate change! As the premier Canadian-designed smart thermostats for heating and cooling, Mysa creates thoughtful, innovative technology to help our family of customers across North America stay comfortable and save money by using home energy more efficiently. To help us build a greener, more sustainable future, we’re creating an ecosystem of energy-saving smart thermostats and fostering a unique, people-first company culture that brings out the very best in our team.
What’s in it for you?
- A rewarding career path that helps you learn, grow, and showcase your talent
- An environment in which you are recognized and appreciated for what you do
- Unlimited paid vacation (Yep. Unlimited. Paid. Vacation (within reason, of course!)
- Flexible environment (work from a coffee shop, a blanket fort, or your home - wherever you’re most comfortable)
- Flexible hours (no set ‘office hours’— you work 40 hours per week and meet your role requirements)
- Training and Development Allowance Program
- Health and Wellness Allowance Program
- Competitive salary structure
- Annual salary increases
- Employee Stock Option Purchase Plan
- Comprehensive Group Health, Dental and Vision Benefit Plan
- Employer-matched RRSPs
- Maternity & Parental Leave Top-Up Program
Feeling intrigued? Enticed? Here are some extra perks:
- Modern, open, fun office environment (we work hard, but we’re not scared of a good time)
- Dynamic downtown location with free parking
- Fun, quarterly team-building events
- New pair of high-quality noise reducing headphones
- Innovative workflow software and technology (we’re major Slackers — internal communications have never been more awesome)
Simply put, we know that people are the heart of our business and we appreciate your unique qualities and diverse experiences. If this opportunity sounds amazing and you feel that you’re a great fit for most of the listed criteria, you should apply — we value individual abilities over a profile on paper.
Mysa is an equal opportunity employer focused on promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We value diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us all different. Your application to this posting is deemed to be consent to the collection, use, and necessary disclosure of personal information to facilitate our recruitment process. We respect the confidentiality and privacy of all of our applicants.
Thanks for thinking about making Mysa your work home. We look forward to getting to know you.