Business Development Representative, HVAC
St. John's, NL /
Mysa – Industry Partnerships /
Say hello to the Mysa team!
The grass really is greener over here. Why? Most importantly, we’ve built a company that’s based on a people-first culture. We encourage (like, really encourage) work-life flexibility, and we’re all about employee recognition. We believe that we do exceptional work when we’re encouraged to play and we’re proud that our team members brag about their jobs to their friends. Of course there’s lots of perks too!
We are looking for a Business Development Representative, HVAC to join our Channel Sales team in St. John’s, NL! This position is all about building relationships; identifying and creating new partnerships as well as strengthening the bonds we have with our existing partners. Being knowledgeable of HVAC channels is required to be successful in this role, and a working knowledge of specific systems is a definite plus!
What You Will Do:
- Lead development and outbound sales efforts, and ability to close sales effectively to ensure forecasts are met;
- Outbound communication and sales to various organizations, networks and associations;
- Ensure all accounts are set up for success, account deliverables are met, forecasts are met/accurate and relationships are constantly growing;
- Communicate with business partners and respond to their needs and requests;
- Build and maintain relationships, identify opportunities for growth within accounts;
- Anticipate the needs of accounts and proactively gather and communicate resources;
- Work with other departments to ensure that all agreement terms and conditions are aligned properly and implementation of the agreement is carried out smoothly;
- Stay up-to-date on renewal dates of agreements and ensure we’re fulfilling all obligations/deliverables within accounts.
Who You Are:
- Knowledge of HVAC channels is a requirement;
- Successfully completed Bachelor’s Degree is an asset;
- Experience in a similar role related to B2B sales and relationship management;
- Hands-on experience with outbound sales;
- Self-starter who is able to naturally maintain and strengthen relationships with key partners through outbound sales and rep management through pragmatic communication and outreach;
- An understanding of the nuances of selling to contractors, developers or distributors would be an asset;
- Able to methodically track opportunities and their stage in the sales pipeline and report on progress;
- Excellent written/verbal interpersonal skills;
- You feed off of interacting with others (by phone, email or in person), providing solutions to their problems, and creating positive relationships;
- You thrive in a fast paced team environment, and have excellent time management and organizational skills.
Since entering the market in 2018, Mysa Smart Thermostats have been warmly welcomed into customers’ homes, earning thousands of 5-star reviews.
Our mission is to fight climate change! As the premier Canadian-designed smart thermostats for heating and cooling, Mysa creates thoughtful, innovative technology to help our family of customers across North America stay comfortable and save money by using home energy more efficiently. To help us build a greener, more sustainable future, we’re creating an ecosystem of energy-saving smart thermostats and fostering a unique, people-first company culture that brings out the very best in our team.
What’s in it for you?
- A rewarding career path that helps you learn, grow, and showcase your talent
- An environment in which you are recognized and appreciated for what you do
- Unlimited paid vacation (Yep. Unlimited. Paid. Vacation (within reason, of course!)
- Flexible environment (work from a coffee shop, a blanket fort, or your home - wherever you’re most comfortable)
- Flexible hours (no set ‘office hours’— you work 40 hours per week and meet your role requirements)
- Training and Development Allowance Program
- Health and Wellness Allowance Program
- Competitive salary structure
- Annual salary increases
- Employee Stock Option Purchase Plan
- Comprehensive Group Health, Dental and Vision Benefit Plan
- Employer-matched RRSPs
- Maternity & Parental Leave Top-Up Program
Feeling intrigued? Enticed? Here are some extra perks:
- Modern, open, fun office environment (we work hard, but we’re not scared of a good time)
- Dynamic downtown location with free parking
- Fun, quarterly team-building events
- New pair of high-quality noise reducing headphones
- Innovative workflow software and technology (we’re major Slackers — internal communications have never been more awesome)
Simply put, we know that people are the heart of our business and we appreciate your unique qualities and diverse experiences. If this opportunity sounds amazing and you feel that you’re a great fit for most of the listed criteria, you should apply — we value individual abilities over a profile on paper.
Mysa is an equal opportunity employer focused on promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We value diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us all different. Your application to this posting is deemed to be consent to the collection, use, and necessary disclosure of personal information to facilitate our recruitment process. We respect the confidentiality and privacy of all of our applicants.
Thanks for thinking about making Mysa your work home. We look forward to getting to know you.