St. John's, NL /
Mysa – Operations /
Say hello to the Mysa team!
The grass really is greener over here. Why? Most importantly, we’ve built a company that’s based on a people-first culture. We encourage (like, really encourage) work-life flexibility, and we’re all about employee recognition. We believe that we do exceptional work when we’re encouraged to play and we’re proud that our team members brag about their jobs to their friends. Of course there’s lots of perks too!
We are looking for a Project Manager to join our Operations team in St. John’s, NL! The Project Manager will provide alignment, leadership, motivation and inspiration to the team while eliminating roadblocks and inefficiencies to ensure that everyone can do their best work. This position will work on every aspect of a project including resource allocation, budget management, quality control and everything in between! The perfect candidate will be an expert in problem solving and risk mitigation to ensure that the project can progress without a hitch.
What You Will Do
- Be accountable for all aspects of the project on the day-to-day and provide a single point of contact for all project inquiries.
- Provide clear communication and flow of information to the project team and stakeholders.
- Manage timelines for the project team.
- Develop and follow a project resource plan.
- Manage all budgets and costing for the project.
- Manage risks for the project and take action where necessary.
- Scope and manage change control while recognizing the cross functional impacts of changes.
- Develop, maintain and present status reports for the project.
- Close out projects, capturing and incorporating lessons learned.
Who You Are
- 5-10 years of project engineering/management experience (including managing, coordinating and implementing multi-discipline projects).
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
- Ability to understand and execute project scope and deliver within designated budget, schedule and quality requirements.
- Superior organizational and communication skills.
- Detailed orientated with the ability to balance multiple coinciding tasks.
- Strong knowledge and experience in workflows of all engineering disciplines; able to recognize gaps and bottlenecks and recommend appropriate adjustments.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to liaise with all stakeholders.
- Self-starter who takes ownership of tasks through to completion.
- Ability to apply problem solving skills to resolve issues on a contextual basis.
- Ability to prioritize project team work in a fast-paced environment. Proficient with computers and other standard office technology.
- Experience in project management within the tech sector is considered an asset.
- PMP Designation is considered a strong asset.
Since entering the market in 2018, Mysa Smart Thermostats have been warmly welcomed into customers’ homes, earning thousands of 5-star reviews.
Our mission is to fight climate change! As the premier Canadian-designed smart thermostats for heating and cooling, Mysa creates thoughtful, innovative technology to help our family of customers across North America stay comfortable and save money by using home energy more efficiently. To help us build a greener, more sustainable future, we’re creating an ecosystem of energy-saving smart thermostats and fostering a unique, people-first company culture that brings out the very best in our team.
What’s in it for you?
- A rewarding career path that helps you learn, grow, and showcase your talent
- An environment in which you are recognized and appreciated for what you do
- Unlimited paid vacation (Yep. Unlimited. Paid. Vacation (within reason, of course!)
- Flexible environment (work from a coffee shop, a blanket fort, or your home - wherever you’re most comfortable)
- Flexible hours (no set ‘office hours’— you work 40 hours per week and meet your role requirements)
- Training and Development Allowance Program
- Health and Wellness Allowance Program
- Competitive salary structure
- Annual salary increases
- Employee Stock Option Purchase Plan
- Comprehensive Group Health, Dental and Vision Benefit Plan
- Employer-matched RRSPs
- Maternity & Parental Leave Top-Up Program
Feeling intrigued? Enticed? Here are some extra perks:
- Modern, open, fun office environment (we work hard, but we’re not scared of a good time)
- Dynamic downtown location with free parking
- Fun, quarterly team-building events
- New pair of high-quality noise reducing headphones
- Innovative workflow software and technology (we’re major Slackers — internal communications have never been more awesome)
Simply put, we know that people are the heart of our business and we appreciate your unique qualities and diverse experiences. If this opportunity sounds amazing and you feel that you’re a great fit for most of the listed criteria, you should apply — we value individual abilities over a profile on paper.
Mysa is an equal opportunity employer focused on promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We value diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us all different. Your application to this posting is deemed to be consent to the collection, use, and necessary disclosure of personal information to facilitate our recruitment process. We respect the confidentiality and privacy of all of our applicants.
Thanks for thinking about making Mysa your work home. We look forward to getting to know you.