Sr. Backend Engineer
We are seeking a consumer product oriented engineer that is exciting to own and manage the entire back-end code base as the primary contributor. Ideally you are passionate about personal finance and rewards programs and encourage financial wellness/literacy. On a professional level, you have a track record of shipping high quality production code (we're using AWS/GraphQL/Node.js). You also understand the demanding nature of working in an early stage startup environment, Ex: Being resourceful, flexible and learning from mistakes quickly.
You will be working as a contributor to help build out the initial service(s) and infrastructure for Point. This includes building out services in a service oriented architecture from our API monolith, build systems to protect against fraudsters, and building services and accounting system for rewards points.
We always strive to use the tools appropriate for the job. Our stack consists of Node.js, Express, GraphQL, PostgreSQL, Docker, and Fargate in AWS, with a strong bias towards a microservice architecture.
We’re also leveraging AWS Kinesis streams and Lambda to consume our data pipeline as close to real-time as possible.
- Familiarity creating and consuming GraphQL APIs
- Extensive knowledge of performing basic devops tasks (AWS)
- Shipped a product, service, or API from scratch
- Implement best security practices
Nice to haves
- Experience working in a financial technology startup with real-time/online processing.
- Experience with server-less function development (AWS lambda)
- Design and detail oriented
- CS or related degree