Senior Backend Engineer
Point is reinventing the way people spend money and discover their favorite new services and brands.
We are backed by Y-Combinator amongst a list of other notable investors, are a team of talented product, engineering, and design oriented people with experience working at established companies and startups like Apple, American Express, Acorns, HotelTonight, and MetalPay.
If you're interested in providing millions of people with a more transparent, responsible, and rewarding method of spending money and discovering brands & services they will love, then please drop us a note!
- A product oriented engineer that is excited to be a meaningful contributor to the backend codebase.
- Your are passionate about financial wellness and love credit card rewards.
- You have a track record of shipping quality production code leveraging JS, AWS, GraphQL, Node.js or similar technologies.
- You appreciate the demanding and dynamic nature of working in an early stage startup environment.
What we're built in:
- We strive to use the tools appropriate for the job. Our stack consists of Node.js, Express, GraphQL, PostgreSQL, Docker and Fargate in AWS, with a strong bias towards a micro-service architecture.
- We also leveragAWS Kinesis streams and Lambda to consume our data pipeline as close to real-time as possible.
- Experience working in a financial technology startup with real-time/online processing.
- Extensive knowledge of performing basic devops tasks (AWS)
- Shipped a product, service, or API from scratch
- Implement best security practices
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance).
- 20-day vacation policy. Can roll over up to 10 days per year. And we shut down the office in-between Christmas and New Year's. Flexible WFH and sick day allowance.
- Education Credits: $25/mo
- Keep learning — books, courses, training, etc.
- Wellness Credits: $50/mo
- Take care of yourself — gym, fitness classes, meditation, etc.
- Commute Credits: $100/mo
- Don't stress rush hour — public transit, bike, lyft, etc.