Senior Data Engineer
Point is building a modern and aspirational banking experience by bringing rewards and benefits to the everyday debit card.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to pioneer the data team at Point and be responsible for building out the data pipelines and systems necessary to develop best in class algorithms, models, etc. You will have ownership over the data pipelines and infrastructure in addition to setting the foundation for data engineering at Point. This role will be working closely with the engineering team and data science to accomplish product initiatives and business goals. This position will report directly to the CTO.
Learn more about Point's team and culture here.
- Design and build scalable and robust data management systems
- Ensure that all systems meet industry best practices and business requirements
- Create custom services and tooling when applicable
- Implement disaster recovery procedures
- Collaborate with engineers and data scientists on projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics Statistics or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience working at a notable startup or technology company.
- Strong algorithmic and data modeling knowledge
- Experience working with a Hadoop or similar ecosystem
- Expert in SQL and a scripting language like Python
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with AWS data products
- Experience building a data pipeline from scratch
- Have built a real-time data pipeline using a streaming technology like Kinesis or Kafka
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance).
- 20-day vacation policy. Can roll over up to 10 days per year. And we shut down the office in between Christmas and New Year's. Flexible WFH and sick day allowance.
- Education Credits: $25/mo. Keep learning — books, courses, training, etc.
- Wellness Credits: $50/mo. Take care of yourself — gym, fitness classes, meditation, etc.
- Commute Credits: $100/mo. Don't stress rush hour — public transit, bike, lyft, etc.